Anything Art :)

Pics
Heck no. I wish it was :gig

Lsky, better??

I want that for my next avi! Please, please, please with sugar on top! :fl

yep! There is a surprisingly large amount of homeschoolers on BYC.
we home school our kids.......we are fortunate enough to be close to several home school groups for band, sports, and many other field trip activities.

Yeah, well there's no one else around here in real life
lol.png
I'm in the middle of bloody nowhere, can't wait until I can drive so that I can get the heck outta here and into a city or something.

I can't wait until I can drive, and I'm old enough to travel wherever I want.
and then realize how much you miss the country and the seclusion.

we home school our kids.......we are fortunate enough to be close to several home school groups for band, sports, and many other field trip activities.

and then realize how much you miss the country and the seclusion.
No way, it's painfully lonely out here. Besides, I can always visit.

woot.gif
That's awesome. Do they enjoy it?
yes they do. We still do activities with their friends from public school also. Usually once a week, they will go visit their friends during lunch, eat and the recess. This on top of the home school activites.

the 11 year old, routinely will wake up at 5:30 and finish his school, by 9 or 10. then have the rest of the day to play, minus time for chores. All the rest really enjoy their mom teaching them, and the days of finishing school early. I know as a parent I appreciate our Catholic based home school approach, but also, each child getting the opportunity to excel as much as they want to (with pushing from us lol). No child left behind, doesn't affect us, and our kids don't get taught down to, for the sake of slower learners in the classroom.
Oh, yeah. I've learned that already. You never miss it until you want it.
highfive.gif

No way, it's painfully lonely out here. Besides, I can always visit.
maybe so........I'd never be able to live in a city, with all the lights, but mostly all the people.

A great thing I enjoy about country life, if the fact it's perfectly safe for our kids to play outside for hours, with minimal supervision, and just a checking up on every now and then. I love the fact they have to develop their imagination with no video games. Yes I know you can deny them games in the city. I love the fact that being home schooled and country living, has helped them come to an appreciation for reading. Never really got that in public schools. I love how they've learned to play together, from the 11 year old, the 9 year old, the 7 year old, even with their 4 year old brother, and 2 year old sister. I think as siblings, they've pulled closer than if we lived in the city, and they had age appropriate distractions.

Back
Top Bottom