April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

I have two pullets hatched around April 1st and another hatched around March 1st I am waiting on
smile.png
first eggs

And definately no red combs here sadly. But I am in no rush,
big_smile.png
I have a Barred Rock who is 16 weeks old and a Brahma who is around 20-24 weeks old. Then the Wyandotte babies but they are only 12 weeks
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I bought my first set of four from TSC April 6th. I fed them Rural Kings premium medicated chicken starter until they started laying three weeks ago. They are now on Layered crumbles. I let them free range in the privacy fenced backyard just before they started laying. So they eat what they want now. I have not fed them any oyster shells, just the eggshells of store bought eggs, then I started feeding them their own egg shells once they started. What are you all feeding your chicks?

I have 5 favoralle mix pullets that were hatched in April, I can't wait for them to start laying..
3 of the pullets are starting to show a redder comb in the last couple of weeks.

the 2 roosters are and have been Crowing for a few weeks now.

Last edited:
14 pullets with an April 5th birthday. Combination of different breeds but the barred rocks and black austraolorps have bright red combs, the silver laced wyandottes and the buff orps are on the red side of pink. EE still pink but 2 are squatting (for the rooster). A few bawk bawk bagacks but NO EGGS!!!!!

I saw one of the blue plastic easter eggs I put in their nest boxes under the chicken stair today and thought for a few beautiful seconds that this was it!!! But no...................

Count me in on the waiting.....

I ordered a vintage egg scale on ebay and it got here today. We are ready when they are!

I have 11 Amberlinks with an April 13th birthday, nothing yet.... I have fake eggs in the nest and they seem to like playing with them!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom