Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
HELP!! what to do with malpositioned AIR CELL?? two of my shipped eggs have their actual air cells moved to nearly the bottom-but not the bottom-otherwise i would just flip them. these are about half way developed---what to do?? i REALLY dont know how they moved there either-they are on an auto turner and i placed them there after letting them sit a day.

This was my first hatch and did it dry with fantastic results. It was at 30% until lockdown then I filled all the wells and it went up to 75%. Out of 12 eggs... 10 hatched, 1 pipped but flipped and resealed, and 1 quit right about lockdown time. Not perfect, but I was thrilled... I'd definitely do it dry again.
Ok thanks :)!

No idea on the air cell, may want to start a thread so you get more folks looking at it. My guess would be that it'll be more likw a wrong end pip if the aircell stays off and the egg is upright. Not ideal at all but I don't think it is doomed even if you can't sort it.

Good luck!

HELP!! what to do with malpositioned AIR CELL?? two of my shipped eggs have their actual air cells moved to nearly the bottom-but not the bottom-otherwise i would just flip them. these are about half way developed---what to do?? i REALLY dont know how they moved there either-they are on an auto turner and i placed them there after letting them sit a day.

I have been keeping them upright and just tipping a little, use a egg carton and cut hole in bottom so eggs can breath.I have so really bad Speackled Sussex eggs with huge are cells and they move.Guess they where old eggs very disappointing.

t

Are they attached at the bottoms? I am not sure how that would happen...fat ends are up, correct?
1f423.png

I have 5 right now with detached air cells. They are not in the turners for 5-7 days. I have two with partial detached cells...they roll about half way down the egg; they won't go in the turners until day 5 check or so. They had a rough ride from the post office!

I have one that has an air cell attached about 1/3 down the egg. First time I have ever seen that. I put it in the turners any how.

I have heard some people have very rounded eggs and can't tell what side is the air cell side.

I am not sure what would happen if you just flipped the egg around and incubated it upside down...presumably, less room for air cell and the chick may not be able to flip and be malpositioned anyhow. I hope it hatches for you!!! Good luck!

I hate when eggs quit especially when you don't have that many eggs of that breed.One day they are fine and next thing you know no more veins and a ugly dark blob is all that is left.
sad.png

t

Are they attached at the bottoms? I am not sure how that would happen...fat ends are up, correct?
1f423.png

I have 5 right now with detached air cells. They are not in the turners for 5-7 days. I have two with partial detached cells...they roll about half way down the egg; they won't go in the turners until day 5 check or so. They had a rough ride from the post office!

I have one that has an air cell attached about 1/3 down the egg. First time I have ever seen that. I put it in the turners any how.

I have heard some people have very rounded eggs and can't tell what side is the air cell side.

I am not sure what would happen if you just flipped the egg around and incubated it upside down...presumably, less room for air cell and the chick may not be able to flip and be malpositioned anyhow. I hope it hatches for you!!! Good luck!

I have a air cell on the side very weird I am incubated it on its side.Candling usually tells me where the air cell is on weird shaped eggs

Last edited:
One of mine quit recently just be for lockdown :/ so far 9 were infertile, and only that 1 quit hopefully they'll hatch!

I hate when eggs quit especially when you don't have that many eggs of that breed.One day they are fine and next thing you know no more veins and a ugly dark blob is all that is left.
sad.png
I feel you!

I had a special project egg quit 10 days in. I just found another quitter at day 15. Tomorrow is lockdown and I hope that the rest can go in.

Back
Top Bottom