APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

Today was candle day for me, one definite blood ring was removed, two not definite but looked like might have quit I left those in since I only remove definates. All others looked great a lot of movement maybe just a bit small of an airsac, but I'll just adjust my water level for that. 9 days to go.

I set 24 Barred Rock, 12 Salmon Faverolles, and 6 Black Sex-Link (Salmon Faverolles Roo over Barred Rock Hen) eggs last night. I've got a full incubator!
lol.png
Lockdown should begin Monday, April 14th. I had a bad time with bacteria getting into the thinner shelled eggs during my last hatch, so in addition to disinfecting the incubator I also dipped the eggs in a bleach/water solution to disinfect them too so we'll see what happens. I've successfully hatched out eggs washed in Dawn soap but I haven't tried eggs disinfected with bleach water yet. I'll update when I candle in a week.
Glad to hear that someone has had success with using soap.
I only wash my duck eggs and even then only with warm water because I've been scared to use soap.

Wow there gorgeous, must be one big incubator lol
big_smile.png
It's a big Hatchrite, double stack. It will hold 120 ostrich eggs without a problem, is solid stainless steel and weighs over 750 pounds. I found it brand new in a shipping crate in a warehouse out west last year. Luckiest farm find of my life so far lol :)) Five ostriches have hatched so far. There are another 4 trying to poke their way out.

I'll upload pics of the lavender orpingtons later today.

Back
Top Bottom