APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

You win!! Ive seen a lot of baby chicks on BYC but this is a first for me to see ostritch! Wow! How heavy and large are they new? what do they eat? I think my son invested in 3 ostritch h eggs many years ago but whoever tried to hatch them..none hatched.Are these from your own birds?

Question unrelated to our incubated eggs

One of the chicks i picked up(gray one, very small) barely gets yp. It will drink on its own but i have yet to see it poop more than once and all it does is sleep. It rarely runs around. Is there any thing i can do for it?

What a fabulous find wow .How weird j ust for auction or going out of business?Arent ostritch sort of dangerous?$60 for a shell though whohoo.. sounds like my kinda business!!How do you take an egg away from a hen that size? chair and whip?
One year in the cow pasture across from me there was one running up and down the fence.Think it was lost and somehow got in there.That was a suprise scene.
Dont they run really fast like 30 miles an hour?

Last edited:
Linz is it just hatched?Sometimes they arent too hungry til day 3.but he may be a little weak.You can give him some luke warm with a little dash of sugar and maybe like 2 crumbs of crumbles sort of melted into it. so its still liquidy so you can put it in an eyedropper.If you have baby vitimins no iron in them maybe a half drop of that too.Every 2 ir 3 hours just a couple drops.In a day or 2 he might perk upIf he gets no better in 24 hours and never poos then he mght have some internal problem but some will start pecking and perk up after a few fedings.

Last edited:
Linz is it just hatched?Sometimes they arent too hungry til day 3.but he may be a little weak.You can give him some luke warm with a little dash of sugar and maybe like 2 crumbs of crumbles sort of melted into it. so its still liquidy so you can put it in an eyedropper.If you have baby vitimins no iron in them maybe a half drop of that too.Every 2 ir 3 hours just a couple drops.In a day or 2 he might perk upIf he gets no better in 24 hours and never poos then he mght have some internal problem but some will start pecking and perk up after a few fedings.
its a three day old bird. Ibwill definitely try the food/ water trick. Thanks!

Question unrelated to our incubated eggs

One of the chicks i picked up(gray one, very small) barely gets yp. It will drink on its own but i have yet to see it poop more than once and all it does is sleep. It rarely runs around. Is there any thing i can do for it?
Honey also works great to perk up a sickly chick. It has sugars and natural antibiotic properties. Just use a dropper or syringe if you have one, if it's a little warm its more fluid. Good luck!
fl.gif

Just put these in the bator, will add Chicken eggs in 5-7 days..

17 Bourbon Red Turkey
6 Goose (cant remember the breed)

hatch date is April 26
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom