Silkie and project egg Hatch-A-Long

Pics

Cloverr39

Crowing
Jan 27, 2022
Latvia
This year I thought I would try starting my first hatch-a-long. You're welcome to choose an egg to root for.

If you'd also like to name your egg, I have naming themes that should be followed. This year the themes are:
Silkies: Greek mythology and Percy Jackson related names.
Project chicks: Anything starting with the letter A. (This can be anything – flowers, human names, etc.)

I can't guarantee that I'll be able to tell the chicks apart at hatch. If you do think of a name that follows the given theme, I will be sure to give a chick that name if your chosen egg hatches.

I've got 22 silkie eggs from my black, white, and paint silkies. They're from young pullets, so I have no idea how well they'll be fertilized.
Then I have 9 project eggs. What will come out of those is a bit of a mystery. They'll most likely be penciled or patterned with crests, some may be lavender, some will have light skin and some will have dark skin. There's a lot more that they may or may not inherit from the parents. I just really hope they won't be silked.

Together there are 31 eggs due to hatch on March 2nd.

20240209_135636.jpg

Last edited:
S1 @Debbie292d
S2
S3
S4
S5
S6 @KathiQuacks Dionysus
S7 @HappyHippyChick Zeus
S8
S9
S10
S11
S12
S13
S14 @calicocows Faun
S15
S16
S17
S18
S19
S20 @Nero70002 Apollo
S21
S22
P23 @NagemTX Azaelean/Azaelon
P24 @Bella the Chicken Lover
P25 @GreenJay Abigail
P26 @Nero70002 Alouette
P27 @Obsessed With Silkies Artemis
P28 @Nero70002 Ares
P29
P30 @gwells1980 Aphrodite
P31

S - Silkies
P - Project chicks

P23 is the only egg from my isabel brahma bantam, Zombie.
P24 is the only confirmed egg from my frizzled bantam cochin (there may be more from her).

Last edited:
This year I thought I would try starting my first hatch-a-long. You're welcome to choose an egg to root for.

If you'd also like to name your egg, I have naming themes that should be followed. This year the theme for the silkies is Greek mythology and Percy Jackson related names, and the theme for the mixed breed project chicks is anything that starts with the letter A.
I can't guarantee that I'll be able to tell the chicks apart at hatch. If you do think of a name that follows the given theme, I will be sure to give a chick that name if your chosen egg hatches.

I've got 22 silkie eggs from my black, white, and paint silkies. They're from young pullets, so I have no idea how well they'll be fertilized.
Then I have 9 project eggs. What will come out of those is a bit of a mystery. They'll most likely be penciled or patterned with crests, some may be lavender, some will have light skin and some will have dark skin. There's a lot more that they may or may not inherit from the parents. I just really hope they won't be silked.

Together there are 31 eggs due to hatch on March 2nd.

View attachment 3744059
Ooooh, mystery project chick please!
P25 - Abigail please and thanks!

S14 please! my fav number and hatch date is the day after my birthday :)
I think Aether is a cute name

suggestions for others: athena, apollo, artemis, ares, aura, achilles, amphitrite, aeolus, astraea, ariadne, arachne, annabeth

i misread it oops. For a general greek myth/pjo name, id love to see a hades or persephone, or a faun maybe

S14 please! my fav number and hatch date is the day after my birthday :)
I think Aether is a cute name

suggestions for others: athena, apollo, artemis, ares, aura, achilles, amphitrite, aeolus, astraea, ariadne, arachne, annabeth

i misread it oops. For a general greek myth/pjo name, id love to see a hades or persephone, or a faun maybe
Sure! Just to clarify, which name are you choosing then?

Back
Top Bottom