First Ever Hatch Along! - Silkies

Aug 25, 2023
Priceville, AL
My Coop
My Coop
Hello!
Starting a hatch-along! I'm going to be posting regular updates on them as well. There are 6 silkie eggs in the incubator right now.

Questions for experienced silkie hatchers: I'm getting a lot of mixed results for the temp and humidity online. What would you suggest? Anything will help!

The chicks will be a mix of a buff bearded silkie and a white non-bearded silkie. Hopefully they will turn out to be some pretty babies! The incubator is currently set to 55 percent humidity and 99.5 F as the temp. If I need to change anything, please let me know! I have no names for any of them yet, as there's still 18 days until they hatch, but if you have an idea, let me know! I will mark the eggs with numbers in sharpie (I think that's ok for eggs) so I can tell which is which.

You may "claim" an egg if I agree with the name you have chosen. All the eggs look the same, so there shouldn't be a difference. The names must be nature themed!
Thanks for checking in!!

Silkie 1: Pepper @Addicted To Chickens
Silkie 2:
Silkie 3:
Silkie 4: Fern @Debbie292d
Silkie 5:
Silkie 6: Jupiter @Rock17

Last edited:
Hello!
Starting a hatch-along! I'm going to be posting regular updates on them as well. There are 6 silkie eggs in the incubator right now.

Questions for experienced silkie hatchers: I'm getting a lot of mixed results for the temp and humidity online. What would you suggest? Anything will help!

The chicks will be a mix of a buff bearded silkie and a white non-bearded silkie. Hopefully they will turn out to be some pretty babies! The incubator is currently set to 55 percent humidity and 99.5 F as the temp. If I need to change anything, please let me know! I have no names for any of them yet, as there's still 18 days until they hatch, but if you have an idea, let me know! I will mark the eggs with numbers in sharpie (I think that's ok for eggs) so I can tell which is which.

You may "claim" an egg if I agree with the name you have chosen. All the eggs look the same, so there shouldn't be a difference. The names must be food themed!
Thanks for checking in!!

Silkie 1:
Silkie 2:
Silkie 3:
Silkie 4:
Silkie 5:
Silkie 6:
Hey Moth! Could I have Silkie number 1? Names: Pepper (girl)/ Paprika (Boy.) Thanks!

1713110458163.png

Alright! 5 eggs left to claim and name!

Back
Top Bottom