April Hatch Thread--Come Join Us!

Thank you so much you just reminded me of april fools i got my whole family last year and hope to do the same again :) good luck hope you get some action soon!

Day 21 starts in 1 hour. Air sacs are big and beautiful, chicks are alive and moving. No internal pips, no rocking and rolling, no chirping. Trying to be patient, it's hard. I was hoping for at least an Easter pip. Looks like I'll have April chicks after all...really hoping for some tomorrow, April Fools Chicks!!

How exciting! Go Chickies Go!!!

Day 21 starts in 1 hour. Air sacs are big and beautiful, chicks are alive and moving. No internal pips, no rocking and rolling, no chirping. Trying to be patient, it's hard. I was hoping for at least an Easter pip. Looks like I'll have April chicks after all...really hoping for some tomorrow, April Fools Chicks!!
Soooo exciting! I am only on day 10 and I'm about to go bonkers! Good luck and Happy Easter!

SFH, what are they southern fried hens? Lol honestly i dont know all of the abbreviations yet. Happy for you hope it goes well.
lau.gif
so funny. I am right there with you I don't know what all the abbreviations are either.

I am joining this hatch a long. I have six serama eggs due to hatch on April 8 th. Then I have six more serama , six speckeled sussex and 12 mixed bantams due the 21st. These are my first serama, eggs I can't wait!
wee.gif

Mine are Due the 13th of April
Ordered 42 golden seabright eggs, they sent 48!
Just finished a day 8 candling and here are the results:
27 looking good with nice air bubble and lively chicks.
10 with lively chicks, but horrid looking air bubbles.
11 discarded, clears, and blood rings.
Man, I sure hope I end up with a dozen chicks out of this batch.
From here on out, I am only incubating eggs that I can pick up in person.

On bright note, my three grand daughters were here for Easter, and I just happened to have some 17 day old silkies!
My middle grand daughter, with Cerebral Palsy seemed to really enjoy them.

Mine are Due the 13th of April
Ordered 42 golden seabright eggs, they sent 48!
Just finished a day 8 candling and here are the results:
27 looking good with nice air bubble and lively chicks.
10 with lively chicks, but horrid looking air bubbles.
11 discarded, clears, and blood rings.
Man, I sure hope I end up with a dozen chicks out of this batch.
From here on out, I am only incubating eggs that I can pick up in person.

On bright note, my three grand daughters were here for Easter, and I just happened to have some 17 day old silkies!
My middle grand daughter, with Cerebral Palsy seemed to really enjoy them.
What a wonderful picture! Thank you so much for sharing it. Your granddaughters are beautiful. What a neat Easter surprise for them. My daughter, who is six, can't wait for Silkies. Here's Clementine:

and my son Malcolm:

I set eggs a couple days ago and mine are due April 20th.
eggs in the incubator:
3 white ameraucana
4 blue ameraucana
17 crosses ( the crosses could be a number of different things- Buff brahmaxEE,Buff BrahmaxRhode island red, Buff Brahmaxblack sex link,Buff BrahmaxEExCochin, Buff BrahmaxWhite leghorn, and i think thats it)

This my first hatch and i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to thursday so that i can candle!

What a wonderful picture! Thank you so much for sharing it. Your granddaughters are beautiful. What a neat Easter surprise for them. My daughter, who is six, can't wait for Silkies. Here's Clementine:

and my son Malcolm:

Boy, seeing Malcolm bare foot in the dirt has me yearning for spring!
Snow is still knee deep here, and we got a fresh coating here Easter morning.
Neat to see your children growing up with dirt and animals, wish all kids could get that!
Jim

Boy, seeing Malcolm bare foot in the dirt has me yearning for spring!
Snow is still knee deep here, and we got a fresh coating here Easter morning.
Neat to see your children growing up with dirt and animals, wish all kids could get that!
Jim
smile.png
Thank you!! It's been really important to me to get to a point where we could get animals and have land around us. I'm so lucky that my husband works so hard to make my dreams come true. He loves the chickens as much as I do I'll send sunny thoughts your way!

My bantam BLRW's are hatching! One is out and a couple more pipped. Going to bed and hope to wake up to an incubator full of fluffy chicks!:)

Back
Top Bottom