April WYGS Mystery Swap~Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I came home to two of my three mystery boxes.

oh can I tell you how much i just love my postal worker... who backs up his car in my driveway and chucks the packages out the window onto my porch.... luckily these are not eggs.

the one closest to the stairs is upside down... the other in the back on its side is labeled live plants.

Thanks renee for the plants (please tell me what I should do with them for the night) it was 36 degrees this am and i need to know how to care for them until i get them in the ground. will the cold at night kill them??? and are they outdoor plants. and the jam that was in there made it intact (from another swap)....

my other box was a craft box from MN. thank you for all the nice goodies... :)
just to say something.... my daughter who will be 16 in june loves my boxes... so she hovers over me as I open them... and she is like ooo and ahhh.... so of course she got her share from this box (she likes to make her own jewlery)...

well here is what was in the box...

here is what she got from the box... around here we call it "taxes"...

so thank you, its very much appreciated. and fun :)

I received box number 2 (out of 3) today.
A big thanks to whoever sent it (from LA). All breeds I have never hatched before!

5 of the RIR eggs made it, 1 of the "G" eggs and 1 of the "GN" eggs. The other 5 were smashed (to the point that they leaked all over the place). Too bad as I really wanted to hatch some of those! Just a tip for next time, I noticed that the eggs were nicely packaged in bubble wrap, but there was a bit of movement in the box. I have found that eggs that are packaged that way do best if they can't move at all in the box. Maybe more packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or even newspaper just to fill the vacant space. That way the eggs cannot move at all as some of the slightest movement can cause them to break.
Not trying to be bossy, just trying to help for the next time :) I can't wait to have some of these babies hatch!

I'm thinking what would happen if I put them in toilet rolls packed in sawshavings wraped in nylons and then bubbled wrapped, put into a box of shredded papper?

I'm thinking what would happen if I put them in toilet rolls packed in sawshavings wraped in nylons and then bubbled wrapped, put into a box of shredded papper?

The only problem I see with shavings is they might dehydrate the eggs faster, but IDK for sure.

I received box number 2 (out of 3) today.
A big thanks to whoever sent it (from LA). All breeds I have never hatched before!

5 of the RIR eggs made it, 1 of the "G" eggs and 1 of the "GN" eggs. The other 5 were smashed (to the point that they leaked all over the place). Too bad as I really wanted to hatch some of those! Just a tip for next time, I noticed that the eggs were nicely packaged in bubble wrap, but there was a bit of movement in the box. I have found that eggs that are packaged that way do best if they can't move at all in the box. Maybe more packing peanuts, bubble wrap, or even newspaper just to fill the vacant space. That way the eggs cannot move at all as some of the slightest movement can cause them to break.
Not trying to be bossy, just trying to help for the next time :) I can't wait to have some of these babies hatch!
Another tip it is wise to make sure that you have at least 1 inch between all sides and bottom that helps to. I was one of those postal carriers and sometimes in our hurry the boxes are toss or dropped I figured that if your going to shipped it, it had better be packaged good.

I think the biggest thing is making sure the eggs can't move and that you must have at least 1 inch of space between the sides, top and bottom, of course each egg wrapped in bubble wrap.

I recieved my 2 boxes today! YAY! I got duck eggs Amanda on Saturday and I got some eggs from Shantih, two were broke but the rest are fine, I am not sure what these eggs are Breeze? But I will soon find out can't wait I like surprises. Amanda what kind of duckies will I be having?

Thank You!!!

Both of my boxes of eggs are shipping this morning! I received both of my egg packages last week! Beautifully packaged and great looking eggs! I love the cute note from Al's Quackery! It's hanging on my fridge!

ya.gif
Hope they arrived in good shape!
I have had awesome hatch rates - even on shipped. My guy is very into his work :) I sent extra good hatch vibes with the package. I love working with endangered breeds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom