Aquarium Incubator

Jed

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 13, 2010
Looking thru the homemade incubator page alot of different items were used to make incubators out of. I did not see any aquarium incubators. I am would like to use a 10 gallon incubator due to visability, but I am worried it will be to hard to maintain a consitant temperature due to the lack of insulation. Anyone had any expierence with aquarium incubators?

I am in the process of building a 10g tank incubator. I am insulating mine with styrofoam. Ive taken a few pics tonight and will take more as I build. I'm only leaving a 2x2 window to keep and eye on the light to make sure it doesn't burn out. So my design kind of defeats to purpose as to why you want an aquarium incubator. But I've been offered suggestions that I'll share, you can add rocks to help maintain heat an chek multiple areas in the tank to find the most constant temp area. Hope this helps some.

I have a 5gal. aquarium incubator. (I wanted to start small to see if it would even work out. AND it has.) The temperature is always constant. It will go up or down a degree depending on the temp in the house. To help insulate it I wrapped the outside in bubble wrap. I only have a problem with humidity. To help that, I drape wet washcloths along the sides and bottom. So I still have yet to master humidity!

I am sure that a glass aquarium would work. I did a little test in a rubbermaid tub to see how well the temperature stayed. It was rock solid. It stayed at 100.4 at all times. I would think that it would work just fine in an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom