Araucana thread anyone?

You mean the feathered cheeks, kiwi butts araucanas... lol
tongue.png
Yes!
wee.gif

I love these crazy things.

how many females for 1 araucana male would be good? should I trim the male tail feathers to be sure eggs will be fertile?

how many females for 1 araucana male would be good? should I trim the male tail feathers to be sure eggs will be fertile?

I've seen breeding pairs and trios sold from breeder. I like a three hen/1 roo ratio personally. I've been told that trimming is for the rumpless aracaunas and it's usually for cleanliness (because the boys are just dirtier) not fertility. Nice swing you again. How are things in your part of the world?

I've seen breeding pairs and trios sold from breeder. I like a three hen/1 roo ratio personally. I've been told that trimming is for the rumpless aracaunas and it's usually for cleanliness (because the boys are just dirtier) not fertility. Nice swing you again. How are things in your part of the world?

I have rumpless araucanas, 1 boy and 2 girls. unfortunately they all are clean faced and full siblings. I wanted to buy another girl, but sold out. so I am going for easter eggers and olive eggers only. I am thinking to either get some eggs or buy a pullet next spring.

all of them have clean butts so far. but I found some posts people complaining about low fertility in rumpless birds.

about my part of the world: crazy! I cannot figure out who owns EU.

Back
Top Bottom