are chickens pets?

Are chickens pets?

• yes

Votes: 329 92.9%
  • no

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
as much time as i spend in the backyard with the girls and Bluie the Roo i definatly say they are "Fun Chickens" i am not sure what to call the Girls as far as pets go, cause we dont even give them names :) but Bluie the Roo has a name so unless he becomes mean to the kids he is a pet of ours! if he messes with the Kids i will have to change his name to Thanksgiving Dinner or maybe even Sunday Dinner.... "i can see it now... my wife? what we having for Sunday Dinner? and i say Sunday Dinner!!! she will kick me i am sure
wee.gif

The Chickens definatly rest my stress when they are near me... except when one of them wants to stay out all night... LOL

i wont vote because i cannot give myself a definative answer but i will stick with "Fun Chickens"

have a good one all

pets 100%....we eat the eggs but we would never get rid of them once they stop laying...we just love them!!! They can be as friendly as you want them to be, you just have to spend time with them especially as babies... I love my chickens all 35 of them:)

My kids named them after Sesame street characters. They hold the chickens and read to them every night (good fluency practice). The baby LOVES to hold her chicken. And the chickens put up with all of it, even a little feather pulling! Definitely pets. But, I really wish they would start laying! I keep threatening them, telling them they would make great soup! They call my bluff...no eggs yet.

Oh, definitely pets! They all have names! And we can't even kill what needs to go - like a pack-rat - total wimps here!
smile.png
We love the eggs, and the interaction. We both work from home, and sometimes, you just need to take a break and head out to the chicken yard because "Gladys" or "George" makes a helluva lot more sense than the idiot you were just dealin' with on the phone.
wink.png

The rule is, if you have a heartbeat and you live here, then Mama loves you and gives you a name.
They all know their names and they are loved and as well cared for as my cat and dog. When I come out, they
all come running to see me, just like a dog would. They each have their own little personalities and quirks.
And some of them loved to be picked up and snuggled and get belly scratches.

Sounds like a pet to me.

Back
Top Bottom