Are Easter Egger's poor layers?

I have one that looks alot like yours. It may sound silly, but she loves oatmeal, mixed with water and a little powdered milk if I have it. When she slows laying regular I give them all some oatmeal and she starts laying like crazy. Works for me.

EE's are such a mixed up "breed" that there is no real answer to that. I've had some that laid well--5 eggs a week--and some that didn't--5 eggs a month. It depends on the lineage. Most people that keep these aren't into them for the number of eggs anyway--if you want eggs get leghorns or RR or some of the sex-link crosses.

Hi Waistintime and Woodmort:

I like the idea of the oatmeal. I given that to my girls from time to time. I'll try it again.

Regarding good layers, I agree there are some breeds that are better layers. I never pick my chickens for laying, normally. The reason I ask about EE's is more about curiosity
than anything else. I don't depend on eggs for anything but my family, so there are always plenty.

Re Woodmort's tagline: "To write is to think, and to write well is to think well."
-- David McCullough

David McCullough is a great historian.

You must be a writer to know --or quote--this quote.

I have been a writer my entire adult life. Writing well is a big challenge for all of us. My work can be seen at www.gerispieler.com

Back
Top Bottom