are hatcheries all like this?

Yeah, those farm store chickies are hard to resist...be strong, may the force be with you!
lol.png

Hehe I finally told hubby about the three I snuck in last night...after I made him biscuits and gravy :). He just shook his head and laughed at me. I think an intervention is needed here lol.

lol.png
That man may get to eat a lot of biscuits and gravy before you've reached your limit!

Can you call animal control on conditions like that? That sounds horrible! At the very least I would spread the word about that particular hatchery.

Can you call animal control on conditions like that? That sounds horrible! At the very least I would spread the word about that particular hatchery.

Im not sure if animal control would do anything about livestock. Here in Indiana we have a Board of Animal Health for livestock, which Ive already complained to. I havent heard back from them or seen anything on the news so I dont know if theyve investigated or not. I have told several people in the area not to go there.

So as of this morning, Ive lost 5 of the chicks. Thats a quarter of what I got within 5 days. This isnt my first time raising chicks, so I know Im doing everything I can. They are also quarantined from every other bird I have. Ive emailed the hatchery but havent gotten any reply yet. I really dont expect to but they may surprise me.

Update:

Ive now lost 6 of the chicks. Ive been trying to get ahold of the hatchery for 2 days now and have gotten absolutely no response. But when
I was making arrangements to buy the chicks emails, texts and phone calls were answered promptly. This is Akers Hatchery and Eggs in Salem, In. Their website and facebook page do NOT give an accurate picture of what is going on there.

Update:

Ive now lost 6 of the chicks. Ive been trying to get ahold of the hatchery for 2 days now and have gotten absolutely no response. But when
I was making arrangements to buy the chicks emails, texts and phone calls were answered promptly. This is Akers Hatchery and Eggs in Salem, In. Their website and facebook page do NOT give an accurate picture of what is going on there.

Wow - that *does* surprise me to hear/see them named. I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. You must not be too far from me.

Im sorry. Maybe I shouldnt have named them? I just dont want anybody else to get chicks through them until/unless they clean it up and take better care of them. I hate to give bad reviews or talk badly about any business. Always have to give the benefit of the doubt. Had they bothered to answer any of my attempts to contact, I never would have. I did take pictures of the chicks, the dead ones, the ones with wounds on their necks, condition I got them in, etc.

Im about 30 minutes west and just a little north of there :). Just one county over.

Idk if it's against the rules on BYC forums but I think they should be named! Maybe make a Facebook post and tag them? That way they can't delete it.

Back
Top Bottom