Are my banty RIR's gifted?

bckyrdchknluvr

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
I have 2 now 9 day old bantam RIR's (my pic) and both flew for the first time yesterday. The one stated to feather on her wings at only 1 day old. These are the first chicks that I have gotten at 1 day old. Is this normal, or are mine gifted? LOL.

jumpy.gif
I don't know if they are gifted ! I'm new too and mine are 7 days old and they fly out of there pen too.
welcome-byc.gif

Get used to it. They'll be trouble from now on. It really is amazing how fast they grow. At 8 weeks they have all their feathers and start to look like big kids. Then it seems like you have to wait forever for eggs. You can't win!

my RIR is the smartest in my flock.

She tricks our golden retriever so she can steal his bone! The bone is twice the size of her! The dog won't dare try and take is back because she's got the upper hand and will attack his head!!

She also attacks the dogs if they try playing chase with any of the hens, but loves people and will sit on my lap and make sweet little noises! She even let a pokey fingered two year old hold her without complaint.

She rounds everyone up if an eagle flies over and leads everyone to bed when the sun goes down.
She also lets out a weird, loud squark when she sees a cat which make's the dogs come running to chase it!!! So she's trained the dogs too!!

Don't need a rooster for protection with a hen like her
love.gif

I think RIR's are gifted birds!

lol. Thanks so much, looks like I'm going to have a lot of fun with these two. And they are probably not gifted awwwwwwwwwwwww,
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom