Are my chicks sick? Should I be worried?

Sonia Gawlas

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 13, 2017
We got 6 day-old chicks about a month ago, 3 Isa browns and 3 Cinnamon queens. A couple days ago I’ve noticed that all 3 of my Isa browns have been acting a little bit off. They aren’t as active as before or as my C queens, they’re a bit slow and seem to sometimes lose their balance a little, Their poops are watery as well. They don’t seem extremely ill but i have noticed these few things. My C queens are as active as ever and appear to be normal. Should I worry? It’s strange that only the Isas are affected and only have been acting this way recently. Will this pass or is it an emergency? + They are eating and drinking fine, it’s just those little details that have me a bit concerned.

Brooder temperature? Diet?
Im not sure of the exact temp but they’re inside with us in our home in a room with a fire place, the other chicks seem to handle the temp fine as they aren't bundling up nor panting, but the isas do sometimes bundle? Not always but i have noticed that at times they bundle together while the queens are running around. Their diet consists of basic chick feed + scrambled eggs and chopped up veggies. Am I doing something wrong? do you have any recommendations?

Im not sure of the exact temp but they’re inside with us in our home in a room with a fire place, the other chicks seem to handle the temp fine as they aren't bundling up nor panting, but the isas do sometimes bundle? Not always but i have noticed that at times they bundle together while the queens are running around. Their diet consists of basic chick feed + scrambled eggs and chopped up veggies. Am I doing something wrong? do you have any recommendations?
They're too young for treats, do they have grit?
Breed doesn't matter when it come to temperature.

Back
Top Bottom