Are my eggs fertile?

kate77

Hatching
May 29, 2015
Glebe, Sydney Australia

I need to know if egg is fertile? I have put two lots through the incubator but no growth or development is ever seen. So I thought I would go back to the beginning and ask if the eggs are even fertile?

No I don't so will definitely be looking to do that. Also my eggs are brown eggs and I am candling around day 3 to see if there is anything. Is this too early or is it harder to see development in brown eggs etc?

No I don't so will definitely be looking to do that. Also my eggs are brown eggs and I am candling around day 3 to see if there is anything. Is this too early or is it harder to see development in brown eggs etc?
Day three it's possible to see growth in light colored/white eggs, in darker eggs not so much. I wouldn't make a judgement call on brown eggs till att least day 5-7 and then I don't toss until day 10.

Thanks for assistance. I just checked temperature with external thermometer and it was 35.7 when it stated 38c on machine so I guess that's my problem. Is it best to toss the eggs and start again or correct temperature and start day 1 again. It should of been day 4 today.

They might be fine if you can get the temp up to where it needs to be. If your incubator won't get up to the proper temperature, then you may have a problem with the power supply or the incubator itself.

Back
Top Bottom