Are my hens actually drakes?!

Elaine06

Chirping
Jan 18, 2024
So I ordered two female welsh harlequins this year......confirmed on invoice today that I hadn't accidentally ordered straight run. Ummmmm are both my hens actually drakes? They're 8 weeks and by this time my welsh hens from last year already had dark bills and darker feet and whiter heads...and these two both seem like they don't honk as much as my other two of the same cohort (the magpie and saxony). Aaaah! Can I get your opinions please?

Attachments

• 20240430_090437.jpg
    20240430_090437.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240430_085557.jpg
    20240430_085557.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 18
They look like drakes, are their voices all raspy?
They do sound a bit raspy, yes. Man I knew it! Their bills at day 1 didn't have the spot, and I knew that the hatchery didn't have female available for that day. So I was wondering why they shipped them so early. What the heck man. I didn't want any drakes......may have to reevaluate now

They do sound a bit raspy, yes. Man I knew it! Their bills at day 1 didn't have the spot, and I knew that the hatchery didn't have female available for that day. So I was wondering why they shipped them so early. What the heck man. I didn't want any drakes......may have to reevaluate now
Can you contact the hatchery and tell them what happened? They might refund or replace them

Back
Top Bottom