Are my lavender orpingtons males or females??

Well, shoot. The 3rd pic, the one up close does look like a Roo. I myself, am not certain about the other. It goes more toward cockerel, but then I scratch my head. :oops:. I REALLY hope you don't have two Roo's. Their age, to me, does look to be around 6 weeks.

My mother won't be too happy that I wasted $40 and expected them to be two pullets and then them ending up as cockerels..
1f62d.png

Last edited:
I could be wrong!! Lord I hope I am! Maybe it's the lightening that is throwing me off. I will use any excuse to be wrong. You might still have at least one pullet. I am going to stare at the pics some more. :fl

I could be wrong!! Lord I hope I am! Maybe it's the lightening that is throwing me off. I will use any excuse to be wrong. You might still have at least one pullet. I am going to stare at the pics some more. :fl

I could try and take more pictures later in better lighting and when I have an extra set of hands?

Sorry in town doing my errand running ;) Yes that would be good. I want to compare them a little closer, if possible, I know how hard it is to let them get your hands on them!

Well, shoot. The 3rd pic, the one up close does look like a Roo. I myself, am not certain about the other. It goes more toward cockerel, but then I scratch my head. :oops:. I REALLY hope you don't have two Roo's. Their age, to me, does look to be around 6 weeks.

This is as close as I can get possible. Any other pictures I should take? Wings? Anything?

This is as close as I can get possible. Any other pictures I should take? Wings? Anything?
Guessing both pullets :)

OH MY GOSH!!!! I don't see any pink/reddish combs! They still look pretty "yellow"! :yiipchick I will (for my sake :p ) hope on is a rooster so that can mingle and make more! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom