Are my lavender orpingtons males or females??

I think the age is right on, and it's just too early to call pullet with confidence. Orpingtons can be slower to mature, so sometimes cockerels don't announce until later.

Argh..I don't know why I am stuck on that one. :he I want to see a pic in 2 weeks. I don't care if you post one everyday...I could sit and daydream that they're mine :lol: Really hopping I am over thinking and that they are both pullets and I need to chill. :D

I think the age is right on, and it's just too early to call pullet with confidence. Orpingtons can be slower to mature, so sometimes cockerels don't announce until later. 

Thanks, I've only ever had sexed pullets in orpingtons and never males.. Hoping for girls though.

Argh..I don't know why I am stuck on that one. :he I want to see a pic in 2 weeks. I don't care if you post one everyday...I could sit and daydream that they're mine :lol: Really hopping I am over thinking and that they are both pullets and I need to chill. :D

Right? I love to just look at this breed! They're majestic! I will post another picture in two weeks!

Here are pics of my Columbian Rock Cross's. You will notice one has a much larger comb than the other. They both were hatched the same day. I was for certain Sneakers was a rooster; hence the name Sneakers, because she sneaked up and was a Roo when she should have been a pullet. Well, she is definitely a Hen. So maybe yours is like my Sneakers and is in fact a pullet. The other pic is Snickers, the one with the smaller comb and wattles. I don't mean to confuse you. And it's not very often a pullet would develop such a deep dark comb and wattles so early, some just grow at their own rate and speed ;)

Here are pics of my Columbian Rock Cross's. You will notice one has a much larger comb than the other. They both were hatched the same day. I was for certain Sneakers was a rooster; hence the name Sneakers, because she sneaked up and was a Roo when she should have been a pullet. Well, she is definitely a Hen. So maybe yours is like my Sneakers and is in fact a pullet. The other pic is Snickers, the one with the smaller comb and wattles. I don't mean to confuse you. And it's not very often a pullet would develop such a deep dark comb and wattles so early, some just grow at their own rate and speed ;)

I'm just going to wait and see if lilac crows or let's an egg. I'll be able to tell sooner than later.

Sooo.. I couldn't wait any longer.. The one is developing a large red comb and the other definitely is not.. "He" also does the rooster dances and stands proudly.. Thinking I got a cockerel on my hands which is perfectly fine with me!

Back
Top Bottom