Are polish unfriendly chickens?

orangesplash

Songster
6 Years
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
I recently got cuckoo polish and they are just not getting used to me. well its just been 3 days but whenever i try to put food for them, they just start running in the coop.

Are polish chickens friendly by nature?

The female was laying eggs before coming to my home and now since 3 days, it hasnt laid even one egg. The Male is not crossing with the female also. Does i give selenium?

You've only had them 3 days! They will stop mating and laying for a bit because of change stress. They'll settle down, don't worry. I would give them a multi vit as a boost to help them cope with the stress.

IMO chickens' nature depends more on how they are raised and then treated every day than their genes.

You may now know how much they were handled before you got them, but you can work on building trust with them now, by feeding treats, talking to them (not crazy, it works) and getting them used to you.

Aww
You've only had them 3 days! They will stop mating and laying for a bit because of change stress. They'll settle down, don't worry. I would give them a multi vit as a boost to help them cope with the stress.

IMO chickens' nature depends more on how they are raised and then treated every day than their genes.

You may now know how much they were handled before you got them, but you can work on building trust with them now, by feeding treats, talking to them (not crazy, it works) and getting them used to you.

What amazing advise!!
I am giving them multivitamins and should i let them roam around in the garden or they should be closed in the coop for sometime? I will attach pictures of them here so you can see.. please advise if this is the proper set up

Some people recommend cooping them for a while to help them know where their home is so they don't wander and so they roost there every night. I would play it by ear. If they are roosting in the coop by themselves every night already and your garden is secure then I would let them out and see how it goes. If you end up trying to find them at night and they are in trees or whatever then coop them for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom