Are quail ok with mirrors?

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
Are quail ok with mirrors? I know most domestic birds become obsessed with mirrors and it can be problematic, but are quail ok with it?
Are they only ok with it in a group? Mine have a mirror and will play with the bell on the bottom but seem to ignore the mirror.
I'm planning on getting them some foraging toys and extending their cage soon, adding a more natural section for them to play and hide in.

If your quail is alone then it can help. I’ve had some chicks that really latched into the mirror and others that just didn’t care at all about it. If they have siblings with them then you really don’t need a mirror

Are quail ok with mirrors? I know most domestic birds become obsessed with mirrors and it can be problematic, but are quail ok with it?
Are they only ok with it in a group? Mine have a mirror and will play with the bell on the bottom but seem to ignore the mirror.
I'm planning on getting them some foraging toys and extending their cage soon, adding a more natural section for them to play and hide in.
My quail lost his brother and became obsessed with a mirror. Later i got a quail the same colour as his brother and the mirror was forgotten

Back
Top Bottom