Are sebright chicks really hard to raise?

Dinos_rock

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
Arizona
I read in a chicken breed book that sebright chicks are really difficult to raise (without them dying). Is this true? I already ordered a sebright chick and I don't want it to die.
hit.gif
Is there anything I can do to help it have a better chance of surivival? (vitamins or something?
idunno.gif
)

I have 2 Silver and 2 Gold Sebrights on the way too! I plan to give them vitamins in their water for the first few days just because they w ill be sooo tiny. When are yours arriving? Mine are scheduled for next week. I'm so excited!
big_smile.png

I dont under stand why people keep saying that Sebrights are hard to hatch and raise.

I just incubated 13 Silver Sebright eggs, and all 13 hatched fine. I almost always get 100% hatches on my sebrights. I have sebright chicks that are around 1 month old. All are doing great, and I have not lost one. I also have 13 sebright chicks that are around 1 week old, and I havent lost one of those either.

In my opinion they are one of the easiest breeds to hatch and raise.

Last edited:
My nieghbor hatches and raises them. He says they don't have a very good fertality rate, but they are easy to raise. My grandma loves silver sebrites so I'm going to get her some:)

Back
Top Bottom