Are sure it's December?

You guys all trying to make me jealous?? We're lucky if it gets above freezing during the day right now, have a foot of snow already, and I DREAD going up to close the henhouse at night.. ARG. Gotta love winter in Maine.

It has been warm I kicked my pullets and cockerel out to the coop days ago. Hopefully they will learn to sleep in the coop before its cold again. I really don't want to bring them back in the house. Guess I need to put up a door.

You guys arent the only ones having the wierd weather. Here in the rockies I am getting thunder storms, and pouring rain. Usually by this time we have knee deep snow. but the only thing we have is knee deep mud. I kind of injoy the rain though it is not as cold. Problem is the temp is drooing so whats rain today may turn to snow tonight. Those to mixed to gether means alot of ice on the roads.

It apparently hit 81 degrees in Raleigh today. It broke the record for all-time high temperature in December, highest ever for the date (naturally,) and latest date to hit 80.

All I know is that I steadfastly refuse to use central air 2 weeks before Christmas.

Quote:
Open the windows, that's what I do. This weather is to nice for AC.

There were people wearing shorts today. It was warm but I thought there was still a hint of winter in the air. My chickens loved it!

It is weird here in North Texas also. Saturday it was in the low 80's and now it is in the 30's and rain....I love the cool nights and days but not the 30's.....the weather sure is changing....

You guys are crazy I or mabe I am I want is to SNOW SNOW SNOW of course I want to go to college in Vermont but it been like in the 40's and 50's and raining here in Maryland.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom