Are these Cornish X?!?!

goats rule 101

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 22, 2013
Minnesota
These birds are 9 weeks old (they will be 10 weeks on Thursday) and I originally believed they were cornish x meat birds. However now they seem too small to be this breed. They are kinda big but I'm trying to decide if they will live long lives or if I should butcher them. I have no experience with this breed but I thought they would be bigger than this. I'm thinking that 1 is a roo and 1 is a hen. I don't really want to butcher them but if they are indeed Cornish then I know that I have to. They get plenty of food and forage but just seem so small. Maybe this is the right size and I'm just an idiot :p but I compared them to my friend's whose were younger than mine and hers were HUGE! Thanks for any ideas!:D

They are the white ones. The brown ones are my pullets.

They aren't even as big as my year old GLW gals.

Okay thanks I will go weigh them. And lol my internet isn't working very well so I must have submitted this thread twice.:th :oops:

Edit: So after weighing them, or trying to at least :lol: they definately are not over 6lbs. I'm thinking a tiny bit over 5lbs at the most. Thanks for all the help and for clearing the confusion! I got them from tsc when they were chicks and I forgot what breed they said they were and I only remembered it was something rock, so I guess I just assumed cornish rock.

Last edited:
Okay thanks I will go weigh them. And lol my internet isn't working very well so I must have submitted this thread twice.
th.gif
hide.gif

Edit: So after weighing them, or trying to at least
lol.png
they definately are not over 6lbs. I'm thinking a tiny bit over 5lbs at the most. Thanks for all the help and for clearing the confusion! I got them from tsc when they were chicks and I forgot what breed they said they were and I only remembered it was something rock, so I guess I just assumed cornish rock.

They are White Rocks rather than Cornish cross. The good news is that you can let them mature and they will not develop the health problems that Cornish cross do. Also, unlike Cornish cross, they will be reliable layers of large, brown eggs. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom