are these eggs on my chickens wing feather?

rahaf

Chirping
Apr 18, 2023
one of my hens sometimes drops a wing feather and i noticed these things on it, ive treated her with an insecticide multiple times cuz i thought it was maybe that but no parasites i could find anywhere and nor on my other birds, does anyone know what they r?

Attachments

• 20230721_125750.jpg
    20230721_125750.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 23
For very cheap, you can buy a magnifying lens any where they sell stationary and pens and stuff. Looking at something curious like those wood-be eggs under magnification can give you twice the information than looking at it with the naked eye, and you don't have to be a scientist with a microscope to see amazing things.

Since those things on the wing are all of uniform size and shape it tells us it's probably some sort of organized life form, but if you see them enlarged, you might get more clues that will enable you to find out more info from an internet search.

Are those things moving on their own or inert?

For very cheap, you can buy a magnifying lens any where they sell stationary and pens and stuff. Looking at something curious like those wood-be eggs under magnification can give you twice the information than looking at it with the naked eye, and you don't have to be a scientist with a microscope to see amazing things.

Since those things on the wing are all of uniform size and shape it tells us it's probably some sort of organized life form, but if you see them enlarged, you might get more clues that will enable you to find out more info from an internet search.

Are those things moving on their own or inert?
they dont move at all! and i havent noticed any growth on them at all, i usually just throw away the feather in case its smth i dont want around but i couldnt find anything about it anywhere, and its only on her wing feather too! i guessed maybe it could be she instinctively plucks out feathers if they have parasite eggs on them? but i thought but then she wouldve been wingless lol
ill try to get a magnifying glass and take a look, its been a while since ive noticed them and she doesnt seem to act any differently at all so far
this is her btw!

Attachments

• 20230707_185156.jpg
    20230707_185156.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom