Are these Goose eggs good or not?

So... Very weird situation this morning. Today would be lock down day for the broody's eggs.

I go out to feed and move our geese to the half finished goose pen we did yesterday. We got all the fencing up and a pond filled and its got alot more shade than the chicken run. Well I look inside the coop and Gizzy is inside the nesting box and the broody outside looking ticked off fluffed up and her tail fanned out but still sitting. I feed the birds in the run and go back inside to get my moms phone to get a picture of the funny situation and i open the door and I heard a gosling chirping. I move the broody and sure enough a gosling sat under her. I run back in and my mom gives me a towel to get the gosling inside for the box brooder we have set up. And I start going about getting Gizzy out of the brooder box thinking shes sitting on the other egg. Well I pull the nesting box out to make it easier to pick her up and I pick her up and she has a still wet gosling under her! I take Gizzy out and put the nesting box back in and the broody went to sit on it. I'm going to give her time to dry it off.

Anyone know if I take that last gosling will the broody break off being broody? Theres no other eggs under her. My mom doesnt want to keep the goslings with her since were selling them as soon as they start eating. She was also stunned because she didn't think a chicken could hatch goslings lol.

So yeah broody chicken hatching goslings complete lol.

Next year if Gizzy wants to go broody I won't stop her.

If you remove the gosling the hen should continue to set in my experiences. Yup just got to remove them in them as soon as possible.

If you remove the gosling the hen should continue to set in my experiences. Yup just got to remove them in them as soon as possible.
I feel a bit guilty lol. I waited until we got back from getting some groceries to remove the other gosling from the broody and she seemed to keep looking for it or something to sit on. She was up for a bit but whenever I was checking for eggs she would come in and act like she was looking for it again lol. It makes me wonder if she would be a good mother but I doubt I could convince my mother to get a few chicks even if I pay for them so sadly shes gotta go without. I'll just have to keep pulling her off.

Picture from yesterday's situation where little miss Gizzy stole the gosling. Funny but annoying. I don't know how she got in there. The lid was properly on the night before lol.
Gus and Gizzy got put in their new pen for the day. They were not happy but when it came time to get them back into the coop for the night Gizzy didn't want to leave the pond lol. This morning the broody was thankfully out and about so hoping that continues.

I removed the whole attempt of barricade yesterday. Hopefully that helped encourage it lol

Next batch 3 eggs lockdown is may 29th.

thumbnail_20240519_111119.jpg

Back
Top Bottom