Are these really both Ameracauna’s?

I asked this same question in a Facebook group and I think you’re right. These are what TSC is calling “Americana’s”. Aka Easter Eggers.

There were also some green layers in the bin next to this one and I was thinking it would be pretty easy for the bins to get mixed up.

I think I’ll call tsc and check with them on their return/exchange policy!
I will say that I personally prefer an EE (Americana) over an ameraucana. They will typically lay more eggs than the purebred, they will still be colored eggs (blues and greens), they will usually lay through the winter like purebreds and most other hybrids, and will come in a variety of different, interesting feather colors.

They will typically provide everything you are looking for in a purebred, but just won't be "show quality".

On another note, i am shocked that TSC allows returns if they intend to put the chicks back in the bin. Seems like horrific bio security measures. Another reason why we exclusive hatch our own babes here in the primary laying flock.

Interesting they would say that in those terms. Def not accurate unless the chicks are sex linked or autosexing.
Sadly I actually believed it. Then as my Lily became a Leroy and my Opal became an Ozzie...and then Tinker Stinker became..well Tinker is still tinker but male 🥴 I saw others on here question if their premium pullets were indeed pullets at all. I learned quick that I would rather have my own flock give me babies rather than TSC.

I will say that I personally prefer an EE (Americana) over an ameraucana. They will typically lay more eggs than the purebred, they will still be colored eggs (blues and greens), they will usually lay through the winter like purebreds and most other hybrids, and will come in a variety of different, interesting feather colors.

They will typically provide everything you are looking for in a purebred, but just won't be "show quality".

On another note, i am shocked that TSC allows returns if they intend to put the chicks back in the bin. Seems like horrific bio security measures. Another reason why we exclusive hatch our own babes here in the primary laying flock.
That’s why we’ve decided to keep our cockerel. I know people aren’t fans of mixed breeds but seeing so many unhealthy chick posts this season made me want to secure our own potential of hatching chicks.

Back
Top Bottom