Are we true rippled muscovy's???

bemba

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Mary Valley QLD.
Hi all, I have some Muscovy girls here who came out of a flock of mixed colours, the lady I got them from did have one Muscovy that resembles your rippled mutation, so I was very lucky that I got splits for this colour and bred a few! We are supposed to be void of them here, anyone keep ripples? are these the same to look at?

Some more young ladies going through a moult.

This is the original duck I bred, very strong markings.

Can't help you but had to comment lol really nice, i've not seen a scovie like that. The only thing i have learned with them though is they seem to be ever changing, my almost 2yo drake is turning chocolate despite being a black up till this point, i've had him since 2wks old...

Their colour genetics are something else.

Last edited:
They are beautiful and I agree with GQ, they change so much it hard to say what they will look like from one molt to the next but I sure love that coloring.

They are beautiful and I agree with GQ, they change so much it hard to say what they will look like from one molt to the next but I sure love that coloring.

Isn't it? i would have not guessed the black drake would turn chocolate and my one chocolate fade back but then go so dark underneath... it's ever evolving reminds me of appy horses lol

Yeah I have had a few surprises along the way too! I had one that hatched yellow grow out almost black! And a very dark ducklings turn out quite light! I'm sure these girls are going to keep the beautiful pattern as the bird on the water is now over 2 years old and still has the markings! It is very interesting that they aren't supposed to be in Australia.... Just lucky fluke? or maybe someone smuggled some in :p
I've just gone to add some more pics but the little image icon up the top along with everything else is gone??

Yes, these are rippled muscovies. Sometimes people mistake barred muscovies with rippled, but these that you have are rippled muscoovies. This is actually the pattern that I look for in my ducks . These are dark ripples. I am searching for some chocolate ripples at the moment, but they are hard to find.

No, this rippling is definitely different than barred, despite my inability to get scovie colours i can see the difference
gig.gif

Yeah I have had a few surprises along the way too! I had one that hatched yellow grow out almost black! And a very dark ducklings turn out quite light! I'm sure these girls are going to keep the beautiful pattern as the bird on the water is now over 2 years old and still has the markings! It is very interesting that they aren't supposed to be in Australia.... Just lucky fluke? or maybe someone smuggled some in :p I've just gone to add some more pics but the little image icon up the top along with everything else is gone??

At 2yo i'd like to say it should, mind you my drake is turning 2 and he threw me completely with this black to chocolate change? it's beyond strange and i wouldn't have guess it at all. I need to get a pic in the sun so others can see what i mean....

Back
Top Bottom