Arizona Chicken Breeders/Sellers: need your info

Oh, I misunderstood your post where you wanted anyone taking a hen to also take a roo - sorry!

The reason why I stated that is because I would like to see them going with someone who wants to actually breed them, to help to get the bloodlines and color going. You can't do that with someone who only wants the pullets for just the eggs for eating, and doesn't want a rooster. If someone already had the Black Australorps the Blue Australorp pullet could be bred with the Black Australorp rooster, and the Blue Australorp Cockerel could breed with their Black Australorp hens. Now, do you see what I am saying?

Also, by breeding the blues to the blacks, it helps to improve the feather lacing on the future blue chicks.

Last edited:
I get it - thanks for the info - wish I was ready! My chickens will be Wintering in Scottsdale and Summering in the White Mountains. Coop in White Mountains finished - Scottsdale not so much - aaaarrrgghhh.

I get it - thanks for the info - wish I was ready! My chickens will be Wintering in Scottsdale and Summering in the White Mountains. Coop in White Mountains finished - Scottsdale not so much - aaaarrrgghhh.

Well, I will also be doing another hatch towards spring. Those chicks will be both the Blue and the Splash, as my other pullets will have eggs big enough to do a hatching then. I already have someone waiting on my Splash pullets from that hatching, but the Splash cockerels will be available.

Back
Top Bottom