Arizona Chickens

Hello everyone. It's been quite some time since I've been on. I'm just wondering if there are any Arizonans here who have experience with peafowl. I know there is a peafowl specific forum, but our circumstances here in AZ are so unique because of our climate.

Apparently there has been a peahen roaming the neighborhood lately and none of the neighbors know where she belongs and nobody wants her on their property so they asked if we would catch her and either find her owner or keep her. For now, she is in a 6 x 10 covered chain-link dog run with a large insulated dog house. If we decide to keep her we will hopefully look into getting her a friend or two and make permanent, appropriate accomodations for her. I don't know the first thing about peafowl - what do they eat, what are their housing requirments in our heat, etc.? Anyone here have experience? I will also post in the peafowl section for square footage/bird, appropriate numbers of birds to keep, etc.

Thanks

We have a goodly number of peafowl that roam the neighborhood to the south of us. In fact many times they end up in our neighborhood. They sleep in the large trees there and seemingly live off of the land. I have no idea where they get sufficient food or where they nest, but the flock continues to grow.

I find this new format somewhat confusing. But then again, I never really figured out the old format.

We had a city inspector going door to door this morning. Thankfully, he was more interested in who was putting what into the trash bin. The city came through and removed every other trash bin in the alley. I guess they are trying to save money on everything possible.

There are three or four other people keeping chickens in the neighborhood, so hopefully he is not going to cause us a problem.

By my reckoning, this thread should be about four years old at the end of the month.

Rufus

Good morning! It's cold today. I'll probably be on all day, just studying the new format, lol.
wee.gif

Better check out your profile. You are listed as "Flock MASTER" lol!

The member pages are still there--I just discovered that you have to now manually insert the URL in your profile page (under "edit community profile") to make it show up under your avatar where it used to be.

So how do you do that?

I don't even know where to find mine...

And are there still links to multiple pages once you get there?

At the top of the page go to "my profile." Then you'll see a smallish tab at the top right of that page that says "Edit community profile." When you click on that a series of boxes opens up for various things, but the last one says, "my coop" and that is where you paste the URL for the page. The bummer is that the links to the other pages are NOT there.
sad.png
One would have to enter those manually into the coop page so that readers could find other pages you might have. The other way to find those pages is to click on a member's profile and you'll see the list of pages they have. It's going to take some time getting used to that.

At the top of the page go to "my profile." Then you'll see a smallish tab at the top right of that page that says "Edit community profile." When you click on that a series of boxes opens up for various things, but the last one says, "my coop" and that is where you paste the URL for the page. The bummer is that the links to the other pages are NOT there.
sad.png
One would have to enter those manually into the coop page so that readers could find other pages you might have. The other way to find those pages is to click on a member's profile and you'll see the list of pages they have. It's going to take some time getting used to that.

Thanks Gallo.
I got my page added under "my coop"

Back
Top Bottom