Arizona Chickens

Yes they are. I believe they are about 8 weeks old. I have a few more months until we get eggs. Tonight I'm going to give them extra mill worms for there good behavior. :)

Does anyone here have goats and chickens? We're thinking about doing goats for 4H, and they would be sharing the yard and a coop with my layers. How do they get along?

Quote:
Are you saying my wife has reptilian hands?
gig.gif

I decided to cook the rooster than Bootsie showed my how to process and decided to debone it before throwing it in the crock pot. I'm making barbequed chicken sandwiches (pulled-pork style or sloppy joes), so I figured that would be the perfect method and work great. WRONG!!! Talk about an epic failure. Chef John and Chef Paul I am not. My wife ended up coming over to help and between the two of us, we got all the meat off. It was not a five minute process. Heck, I think it took us the better part of a half hour. Whew, what a pain. I will definitely be trying again, though.

On the positive part, my wife has already turned in to the "crazy chicken lady" and we don't even have eggs yet. As a joke, I set her phone's wallpaper to some cute yellow chicks. She loved it. Then, yesterday, she downloaded the ringtone of some chicks peeping and pointed out everything chicken related as we walked through the store. I think I'm in trouble. Chicken math will kick in before we even have our feeder! It's hysterically funny!

I decided to cook the rooster than Bootsie showed my how to process and decided to debone it before throwing it in the crock pot. I'm making barbequed chicken sandwiches (pulled-pork style or sloppy joes), so I figured that would be the perfect method and work great. WRONG!!! Talk about an epic failure. Chef John and Chef Paul I am not. My wife ended up coming over to help and between the two of us, we got all the meat off. It was not a five minute process. Heck, I think it took us the better part of a half hour. Whew, what a pain. I will definitely be trying again, though.

On the positive part, my wife has already turned in to the "crazy chicken lady" and we don't even have eggs yet. As a joke, I set her phone's wallpaper to some cute yellow chicks. She loved it. Then, yesterday, she downloaded the ringtone of some chicks peeping and pointed out everything chicken related as we walked through the store. I think I'm in trouble. Chicken math will kick in before we even have our feeder! It's hysterically funny!
yesss.gif

Anyone raise turkeys in their backyard? I have a postage stamp 1200 sq ft yard so not sure I've got enough space AND worried about the noise.

But still curious...

You will have better luck cooking the whole chicken in the crock pot than cooling the meat and then boning it. You can do what you want after that.
big_smile.png

Does anyone here have goats and chickens? We're thinking about doing goats for 4H, and they would be sharing the yard and a coop with my layers. How do they get along?
We raise goats. I think if your hens use there coop to lay and you have a place you can keep their hen food away from the goats you will have no problem. The hens can eat the goat grain but the goats shouldn't have the hen food.
We have lots of kids coming this fall, if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom