Arizona Chickens

Anyone raise turkeys in their backyard? I have a postage stamp 1200 sq ft yard so not sure I've got enough space AND worried about the noise.

But still curious...
I don't think turkeys are that noisy. I think you could get a couple and love them up as they grow. They make awsome sweet pets if tamed from chicks. But than are you wanting meat or a neat pet?

I have planted my Moringa tree in the ground now and it is around 5 months old and doing well. I am going to plant a couple more seeds and I forgot wether you take off the husk on the seed or plant it with the husk on? Anyone remember?

Does anyone here have goats and chickens? We're thinking about doing goats for 4H, and they would be sharing the yard and a coop with my layers. How do they get along? 

We raise goats. I think if your hens use there coop to lay and you have a place you can keep their hen food away from the goats you will have no problem. The hens can eat the goat grain but the goats shouldn't have the hen food.r
We have lots of kids coming this fall, if all goes well.

There's a loft area, four feet off the ground and two feet high, where I can put chicken feed. It also doubles as a rain shelter.
This is going to be so cool! My little brothers are excited about the prospect of goats, and my parents are liking the idea of our own milk and yogurt. :)

Does anyone know of any silkie breeders near Queen Creek? I have asked and asked away but havent found a single answer!

Want kind of goats are you going to get into? I love the Nubian. We have two on the place but don't milk them. Most of our goats are Nigerian Dwarfs.  I have made a thread. Goat Lovers of Arizona. Come on in!  https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/680447/goat-lovers-of-arizona/50#post_9435869

We're thinking Nubians as well. If my brother (who is 4 foot 9 and around 90 pounds) is showing one for 4H, could it give him any trouble? We've done sheep, and know how mischievous they can be. How temperamental are your goats?

I think Nubians are the best and they are very sweet if handled a lot at birth. My Kate is just the best! She was bred today! I am so excited only she is not registered. We should discus goats on my thread tho.

Does anyone know of any silkie breeders near Queen Creek? I have asked and asked away but havent found a single answer!
I believe we have several breeders of silkies in or near Queen Creek. Should be coming on the thread one of these days. Help me out folks who is in Queen Creek with silkies? Isn't Sonoran Silkies and Arorarose?

The five-year-old decided to see if my baby chicks could swim.
th.gif
Two babies dead, the remaining three are waterlogged and rather weak. And the kid has been severely punished.
he.gif
but still, it was my beautiful fluffy EE and a cute rosecomb/phoenix who were drowned, and I am so angry!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom