Arizona Chickens

@K9Dave
Thanks for the thought anyway. Someone told me if I throw them over the phoenix zoo fence they will feed them to the Lions. Would that count as a donation? Tax write off? NO... I'm not thinking about doing it, but I am feeling desperate. Who would have thought adopting 3 chicks from my daughter's kindergarten class would get me 3 roosters?! They are beautiful and I would keep them if I didn't live in Phoenix. :(

@K9Dave
Thanks for the thought anyway. Someone told me if I throw them over the phoenix zoo fence they will feed them to the Lions. Would that count as a donation? Tax write off? NO... I'm not thinking about doing it, but I am feeling desperate. Who would have thought adopting 3 chicks from my daughter's kindergarten class would get me 3 roosters?! They are beautiful and I would keep them if I didn't live in Phoenix.
sad.png
I think the Humane Society takes in chickens too so you may want to consider surrendering them there. Please don't throw them over a fence - the zoo's or anyone else's!

Okay, this is a first for me - this little guy was the first to crow, has hackle feathers and saddle feathers but Romeo the barred Naked Neck cockerel has been protecting this little Polish cross. Earlier today when I was out collecting eggs from the big girls I saw Romeo chase the other Polish cockerel away from this cross cockerel and then Romeo grabbed this little guy at the back of the neck, little guy submitted and Romeo mounted him! In all the years I've had chickens and my family as I was growing up had chickens, I've never observed this behavior - ever. Romeo has never tried this with any of the young pullets running around and I've got a few of them in the same area as him.

I must say, we ended up with Austrailian heeler in our back yard.. I think, that they think, it is better than taking the animal to the pound, certain death.. We had a neighbor that had over 50 outdoor wild cats.. We ended up with 5. Took 3 to a farm.. The other two are sisters.. One we can hold. They both had their left tip of their ear clipped.. So at least that was done.. I think people just get so desperate and just pass them to someone else.. The pound charges, people don't have friends, or $.. Blablabla.. Who knows really, that is why so many of now a days we all have more than 2-3 animals..

With THIS said, anyone out there that might need a animal clipped, please do us all a favor and get that problem taken care of.. If you want a kitten or puppy, go to the pound

We have a feral cat that I want spayed.  We enjoy having her here and she's good with the chickens and keeps the pests down - except those crazy ground squirrels!  Not sure anybody can control those little critters.  I am not able to pay for a spay at this time because of high hospital bills.  Where can I get help for this?  Ideas.  Also I live in the Casa Grande area so not everything is available to me that is in the valley cities.  AND last one question.  If I do the trapping will she leave because she is angry at me??  I don't want that to happen.  BUT I would really like her spayed before another heat hits us again.   Thanks......

Not sure in that area. I would call the local pound, they normally have vouchers..

Thank you :) The polish is the leader of the new group and she's a ham. She can't see where she's going and will take off across the yard and all the other's follow right behind. She puts her head down and runs full speed like a road runner until she practically hits a wall. Then the whole chicken train stops and looks around very confused like "what are we doing here?" She's also extremely curious. She follows me like a puppy. All the other girls come running to see if I have treats, when they see I don't they go back to whatever they were doing but not Padme. She follows me the entire time I'm outside, even if I have the push mower, she follows me back and forth and back and forth. 

LOVE the name Padme. What convention are you doing costumes for? Are you in Tucson? I'd love a sewing buddy.

I think the Humane Society takes in chickens too so you may want to consider surrendering them there. Please don't throw them over a fence - the zoo's or anyone else's!

Don't worry, I would never do that! I can't even eat them for dinner, I certainly wouldn't put them in harms way intentionally. That's why I'm in this conundrum! I'm just thinking I might have to give them to someone even if they are planning to eat them.

Oh Kay here is what we have..isbar, wheaten americanas from Jordans best show Birds
,bielefelders:frow
Also, two of the eggs are pippin.. they are from our same friend.
Then we got 3 eggs to put under "tiny" the other jungle fowl.. They are French bresse blue or splash from Greenfire farms.. I am going to have to look this one up. Sound so pretty.. So thankful for them
If you want to re home the Wheaten Ameraucanas or if she has more for sell let me know. I really need a rooster

Back
Top Bottom