Arizona Chickens

Sommer's last batch of eggs is due Sunday. I moved them to her hatcherbator last night, and then set 50 quail eggs for my friend Nick. I bombed his last hatch, so cross your fingers for me. Sommer's incubator is awesome!

On a side note: 5 of the quail eggs he brought over were crushed in a little or cracked. So today I am going to have a teeny weeny omlet.

Last night, I wasn't counting as I hustled the chicks out of the coop, and when I went out this morning, I discovered that one of the chicks had been accepted. I think that the rejection might have had to do with the color/markings and number of the chicks that I tried to introduce. This chick's color and markings are almost identical to Cutie's, even though the other chicks I tried to introduce were chipmunk marked, they weren't as similar.

Quote:
That's awesome! My last batch hatched out at 19 days 2 weeks ago-- I'm assuming because of the heat. I'm expecting this one at 19 days too because it's been even hotter, so hopefully we'll have babies on Tuesday. I candled 3 days ago and saw everyone kicking around in there, so I'm hopeful!

Quote:
Good luck, an ex girlfriend of mine got scratched on the eye by our dog She had a jaunty eye patch for a week but it healed up just fine and she looked good in a ruffled shirt with our cockatiel on her shoulder. I have to remind my older boy not to let the chickens peck at his face because he thinks it's funny.

Quote:
That's awesome! My last batch hatched out at 19 days 2 weeks ago-- I'm assuming because of the heat. I'm expecting this one at 19 days too because it's been even hotter, so hopefully we'll have babies on Tuesday. I candled 3 days ago and saw everyone kicking around in there, so I'm hopeful!

My DS went out to water the chickens this morning and told me 2 more eggs have hatched. We think one is a black dutch, and the other 2 are from our lt brown dutch pair.

Angie

Joel -
fl.gif
Good luck with the purchase. Hoping it goes through for you and you are soon farmer to a bigger lot!

GCK - Hope the eye heals well.

RRR - so sorry. It is so hard to say goodbye.

AZKat - how interesting. Glad at least one was accepted.

a2ms4chickens -
wee.gif
Happy day when chicks hatch!

Laree - How wonderful to have found the answer to the failed hatches!

Mahonri - You never know...they could hatch. The eggs I got from you did very well, though of course the weather was more moderate.

Quote:
Glad to hear!!

Maybe protective goggles
wink.png

Shaun

And...add a cape for fun! Seriously, glad the cornea is ok.

how did i miss the cape.... Sorry
wink.png

Shaun

Back
Top Bottom