Arizona Chickens

I will keep everyone posted on what hatches. I hope anyone who bought from them gets what they were supposed too. The second seller now has three negatives on their record for fraud. Just terrible. It gives the rest of us a bad name that sell on ebay. People are going to be scared to buy from us too. Hopefully if I do list there my feed back will speak for itself

Thank you everyone for the tips on getting eggs. That's so crappy that they did that to @lacymorgan! I really hope these eggs are the right ones :/ A coworker of mine has been to the farm From Fluff to Feathers in Paulden (they have a Facebook page). The lady was very nice and upfront with what she has and let him take a tour of the place. I'm not sure what she all has, but I know he got 5 Cream legbars eggs. He only had one hatch, but he is new to hatching so that might be why.

Last edited:
wow I don't think I could go through the stress you people who hatch your own eggs do. I am stressed enough being shipped small quantities of live chicks from reputable vendors let alone being shipped fragile eggs from people on ebay that may or may not hatch. I'd seriously lose my mind. I hope those dealing with these shady folks on ebay end up with beautiful happy healthy chicks after all this nonsense.

On my way out to check on my chickens outside for eggs and to move my Dark Cornish breeding pair I have decided to sell them since I have white cornish coming. I also will try to see if I can trade my RI roo for a Barred Rock roo. Trying to get my flock the way I want it is hard with all the drama but I think I am getting close now.

SPICY HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE
OMG GOOD!

2 Whole eggs (large)
2 tbs lemon juice
2-3 tbs coarse ground brown mustard
2-3 tbs crushed red chili flakes (I use Tampico)
2 cups vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
Put all ingredients in a wide mouth 1 quart canning jar. Using an immersion blender, blend for 30-60 seconds, pumping the blender up and down. This gives you a thick creamy mayonnaise that makes the store bought stuff look like cheap margarine.
The taste is mild when first made, but it develops a little kick after storing in the fridge for a few days.

Last edited:
Could another oil be used? I'm kind choosy and I only use olive, coconut oil, and occasionally butter.

I have used olive oil, but you have to be sure it is not extra virgin, or it will give the mayonnaise a bitter taste. I have not used coconut oil or butter, but it sounds like an interesting experiment, maybe using ghee instead of raw butter? I think coconut oil would work fine, but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom