Arizona Chickens

Did you see any crevecoeur?

You should show! I think you just need to fill out the entry form & show up. Well, that & have a bird. Past that the best I've been able to figure is trying to meet the SOP.

Oh, did you see the movie Chicken People? It's a documentary that follows a couple of people for a year who show birds.

No crevecoeur. Not a single one. There were lots of Polish...LOTS of Polish, and even a few Phoenix (gold and silver) and a pair of Ayam Cemani, but a lot of breeds went unrecognized.

I friend of mine sent me the link to that documentary. I haven't watched it but hope to in the near future.

Oh....my...gosh! We were there at the same time, and I think we were right there when you were buying those birds! I didn't know what you looked like, but my husband and I were walking about the large bird pens when I think the breeder was talking to you about his birds, and then he pulled a couple out and stuffed them in a pet carrier. Dang it! I wish I'd known it was you! And they were really beautiful Buff Orps! (My hair is now long and straight...and gray...and my husband is bald....just in case you saw us.)
Long gray hair and a bald husband - you just described most every couple there, included me and my wife. My wife has short hair though. I keep telling her the frosting she got at the beauty shop looks good. I was looking out for you since you have your picture posted but it doesn't surprise me if I was standing right next to and didn't see you. That's par for the course with me. Yes that was me buying those two Opringtons. I think the only picture of me I posted on here was the back of my head when I got pooped on that one time so you wouldn't recognize me unless I was facing away. I should've sent something so you'd know what we looked like. Anyway, we'll run into you sometime soon when we stop down your way to look at your tilapia - that's something I want to do soon. Plus we might want to trade NN eggs. I'd have to give you two for one though because you have the best NN's around.

No crevecoeur. Not a single one. There were lots of Polish...LOTS of Polish, and even a few Phoenix (gold and silver) and a pair of Ayam Cemani, but a lot of breeds went unrecognized. 

I friend of mine sent me the link to that documentary. I haven't watched it but hope to in the near future. 

I think Polish for show are on an uptick. Not sure if they're residing the laying-meat factor. Way back they were production, maybe not high production. The fair & show last month has white crested black & blue & some silver laced. Think just a couple of buff.

I'm fairly certain the cochins in black & white were present. I'm wanting to do blue, self blue, & splash. Didn't see many of those at the others.

Thanks for sharing guys. Had to cancel going as my dane's toe swelled up again. So I'm dealing with that.

Back
Top Bottom