Arizona Chickens

20180917_134530.jpg
20180917_134820.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the cooler temps. I'm mov9ng the babies outside in a few weeks and I don't want it to be 100 out! That sounds too stressful when I'll already be nervous about putting the chicks outside. But they won't fit in their brooder anymore at that point so they'll have to go out to the coop. Fingers crossed for temperate weather.

I'm really looking forward to the cooler temps. I'm mov9ng the babies outside in a few weeks and I don't want it to be 100 out! That sounds too stressful when I'll already be nervous about putting the chicks outside. But they won't fit in their brooder anymore at that point so they'll have to go out to the coop. Fingers crossed for temperate weather.

I have my pullet chick that I kept from my Aug. 7th hatch out in a wire dogcrate that I use for my chick grow out pen inside of my totally enclosed run. I moved it out there when it was 4 weeks old and was fully feathered. I make sure that it has plenty of water, and I set a board behind the crate where the afternoon sun would be hitting for shade. I also have boards over the top of it. She's doing good out there!

Back
Top Bottom