Arizona Chickens

He has a whole bunch of them stacked up over there, if you want some of them!
I have all the wooden pallets I can handle stacked in pole barn (and an ongoing source of more). They are all clean (never used for animals yet) and get sun each day.

IF I had none I would make a trip to get the plastic ones considering the disifectability!

I have all the wooden pallets I can handle stacked in pole barn (and an ongoing source of more). They are all clean (never used for animals yet) and get sun each day.

IF I had none I would make a trip to get the plastic ones considering the disifectability!

I got the feeling by the way that he talked that he get's them in pretty often. We only bought 6 of all of those that he had over there. I'm using 2 of them by the coop to set my barrel's on top of to keep them off of the dirt ground.

I got the feeling by the way that he talked that he get's them in pretty often. We only bought 6 of all of those that he had over there. I'm using 2 of them by the coop to set my barrel's on top of to keep them off of the dirt ground.
Putting food on them makes sense. Mice like to nest under the concrete pavers, I bet they wouldn't nest under those plastic pallets.

Would you use them for:
?Clutter to help with integration?
? To make a coop/run (combine them with screws/zip ties?
?Put your feed barrels on?
Also make little hoop coops or quarantine cages with cattle pannel or other covering for the hoops.

I've seen a lady years ago in Phx who made A-frame shelters with a pallet and PVC with simple wire and tarp covering. Since she had a block wall she needed little more than that for a backyard flock in a mild climate with relatively little predator pressure.

Also make little hoop coops or quarantine cages with cattle pannel or other covering for the hoops.

I've seen a lady years ago in Phx who made A-frame shelters with a pallet and PVC with simple wire and tarp covering. Since she had a block wall she needed little more than that for a backyard flock in a mild climate with relatively little predator pressure.
Wow! I have a block wall back yard, and little predator pressure! I know a lady nearby who's had chickens for years and never so much as a stray dog in her back yard too. She builds off her wood fence though. It seems the best shelters are either the super heavy duty (carport/shed like a house) or the super simple like you describe.

Would you use them for:
?Clutter to help with integration?
? To make a coop/run (combine them with screws/zip ties?
?Put your feed barrels on?

I noticed that they aren't as heavy (weight wise) as the wooden pallet's that I had out there. The under-sides of them are not filled in all the way across, so there are still gap's that something small could hide under them.

As far as using them in making a coop, it would depend on what your design idea would be. There are no holes in the top of the one's that I bought. These have a solid top to them so there would be no air flow in the area that you would put them. The people did have some other plastic pallet's there that did have some holes in the molding of the top's.

That's what I did, I used the 2 of them to put my 2 feed barrel's and another barrels that I store the oyster shell's in and such. There was also extra room enough in the back of them to put the extra water bowl's and such.

This guy looks like he's ready to take on those mice.

th-418972642.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom