Arizona Chickens

Codes! :rant I am so frustrated! I got a code violation! I parked my car in front of my house, on gravel. That is against the law. I didn't know that. My yard is gravel, there is a nice patch perfect for parking a car. If I cemented it and turned it in to part of my drive way I could park my car. A junk car I understand.

Bummer...

Alright, thanks for the info. I emailed the senators! I'm not up for calling, so hopefully the email is good enough.

Only 3 of my 5 are molting. My 2 barred rocks and EE. No eggs from them. My black copper marans is not molting, and she is the ONLY one laying--consistently too, one egg a day. The silkie/Polish mix is broody, and hasn't laid in a few weeks.

I'm not sure what to do with the broody--she was going to get some chicks but I don't think I'm up for it yet. I did reinforce the meatie pen over the weekend. What happens to a broody if she doesn't hatch eggs or get slipped some chicks? It's pretty hard on her body, so I'm don't want it to drag on, but will she break herself of broodiness?

OMG I just lost my BIG RED. Coyote dug under fence. Red feathers everywhere. I AM SO SICK OF THESE **** COYOTES. I am down to 3 egg layers now, down from 7. The only thing I'm feeding out here is the coyotes. Well I have to fill in the hole that they came in from. **** **** ****
That is horrible! Did they dig under the fence of your coop? or a fence in your yard and get her free ranging? Was it in the middle of the day at the time when you posted? How big a hole do they have to dig to crawl under? Only since I have been hearing coyotes at night, some insight as to how others lost some of their flock would be helpful to me and others. So sorry for your loss.

I'm not sure what to do with the broody--she was going to get some chicks but I don't think I'm up for it yet. I did reinforce the meatie pen over the weekend. What happens to a broody if she doesn't hatch eggs or get slipped some chicks? It's pretty hard on her body, so I'm don't want it to drag on, but will she break herself of broodiness?

She'll most likely continue to be broody for some time, it really depends on the hen. If I'm not up to giving them eggs or chicks, I break them of it quickly to get them back to laying. Put her in a wire bottomed cage for about three days and she should be back to normal. I use a dog crate with the bottom tray removed and wire connected in its place and the whole thing elevated off the ground.

That is horrible! Did they dig under the fence of your coop? or a fence in your yard and get her free ranging? Was it in the middle of the day at the time when you posted? How big a hole do they have to dig to crawl under? Only since I have been hearing coyotes at night, some insight as to how others lost some of their flock would be helpful to me and others. So sorry for your loss.

Oh, oh, I know this one! Seemingly impossibly small! Coyotes are amazing. Cantaloupe-sized hole to dig under or squeeze in. That's just bigger than my hand, fingers spread.

She'll most likely continue to be broody for some time, it really depends on the hen. If I'm not up to giving them eggs or chicks, I break them of it quickly to get them back to laying. Put her in a wire bottomed cage for about three days and she should be back to normal. I use a dog crate with the bottom tray removed and wire connected in its place and the whole thing elevated off the ground.
Okay, thanks. I'll cage her or chick her on Friday.

I just got an email back from Senator Kelli Ward, she said she's a co-sponsor so that's one more. Do we know where the others stand?
Is it appropriate for residents from other states to call in? We have residents from other cities helping us out with our Gilbert efforts.
I'm just wondering if we could put this in the general or fowl laws section and get national support...actually global. :)

Last edited:
Oh THANK you guys for the support. An YES, I'd love it if EVERYONE called with their support. Many of the offices do not even ask or take that information down. They are really just doing a tally. Thank you SO much! Now go bug your friends and family to call tomorrow!

:)

Back
Top Bottom