Arizona Chickens

I need a month as well as it's like buying your meat for half a year at 1 time. I need a freezer too. There are some for free in CL sometimes but they're all far away from me, and you have to be FAST.

OK, let's try making a list here and see what route everyone wants to go, once the list has been comprised.

All of our decisions will be made later but I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the meat should be Organic GMO free. Also ideas for where/what (I.e. @a little chiken)we purchase and what it's fed, decided later as well.

Add your name to the list please if you are INTERESTED in splitting any of the following.

K9Dave - Pig, Cow
@moms3cuties- Cow
@a little chiken- Pig, Cow
@Billiam- Cow
@kpgoldstar- Pig, Cow
@City farm-Cow
@kevs-chickadeesPig, Cow
@BeckyhsinglscCow
@flower

Bump

I need a month as well as it's like buying your meat for half a year at 1 time. I need a freezer too. There are some for free in CL sometimes but they're all far away from me, and you have to be FAST.

OK, let's try making a list here and see what route everyone wants to go, once the list has been comprised.

All of our decisions will be made later but I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the meat should be Organic GMO free. Also ideas for where/what (I.e. @a little chiken)we purchase and what it's fed, decided later as well.

Add your name to the list please if you are INTERESTED in splitting any of the following.

K9Dave - Pig, Cow
@moms3cuties- Cow
@a little chiken- Pig, Cow
@Billiam- Cow
@kpgoldstar- Pig, Cow
@City farm-Cow
@kevs-chickadeesPig, Cow
@BeckyhsinglscCow
@flowerPig, Cow

Bump

I'm moving and 1000 lbs?
1f633.png

Take a look around and see what it would cost to buy hard winter wheat.

Cats, dogs, coyotes, bobcats, oh my!

Tractor Supply, freeway frontage road (west side) just north of Ina.
Fence controller, $49
200' aluminum wire, $12 per spool
Isolators, about $10 a bag, depending on type.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
I'm sure I would electrocute myself. The only predator we've had trouble with is my elderly greyhound. Go figure. Although I've seen coyotes elsewhere in the neighborhood (as well as a bobcat), we've never had anything enter the fenced in yard that I've seen. We don't have any hawks that roost nearby. Maybe it's the three dogs ...

I raised halter/pleasure AQHA horses for 20 years. I'm not able to ride and I'm in college so finances are tight. We just rent a little acre plus place in Picture Rocks. I have 2 nice mares that are my great great grand children out of my favorites. They are just pets but I really have baby fever so hopefully I can breed them next spring.
Raised AQHA and paint horses for years. Showed halter - stock seat equitation and hunt seat equitation. Was a show judge and the AZ Paint Horse Assoc. Secretary for several years. Don't do that any more but we do draft and half-draft horse rescue and rehabilitation. Teach horsemanship, riding and proper horse care and volunteer as a teacher for Horses With Heart Organization that uses horses to rehab children with physical and mental limitations here in Chino Valley. Took over the job of draft/half-draft rescue from Dream Works because they moved their operation to Oregon. Collect animals - chickens, cats, rabbit, horses, etc. and my husband keeps waiting for the elephant to arrive.

I've ridden hunters and jumpers mostly. Although I haven't competed in dressage, I've done a bit of training, although not at the high levels. I've never had a horse to learn tempe changes, pirouettes, piaffe, passage, etc. I love thoroughbreds and hope someday to get an off-the-track-TB to rehab and train. I would love to try eventing and have lessoned with a few eventer trainers, but just have never gotten to event. Unfortunately, this is the last year for Grass Ridge in Sonoita.

Me at Devon with my OTTB, Merchant of Venice (1995-an oldie but goodie)

More recently, on Leo, my friend's older OTTB at the Pima County Fairgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom