Arizona Chickens

We went to the TPPFF show today at AZ feeds, had a great time seeing everyone's birds again! Neither of my pigeons won anything and Jeffy was disqualified for his comb, but I got 4th in showmanship! I also ended up taking home five Starling ( I think that's what Patrick called them) home with me, adorable little pigeons they are

Wow. That's a new one! The closest thing I've heard to that came from a young man who told me his Polish rooster taught itself to use the doggy door to go outside and poo so it could hang out with the guy(then a kid) while he was in the house. He said that rooster would literally spend the entire day in the house and would never poop anywhere indoors. 

Ya I have no idea why she does it though I'm not surprised, she does most things differently than normal chickens lol! I was just hoping someone would tell me she's not alone!
Wow that's amazing! I would love to have house chickens but that's the one thing keeping me from doing just that lol. If they could use a doggy door with no accidents, I'd consider it! Lol

I'm just wondering if anyone else has any birds that hold their poo all night like my Franny does? I usually open the coop before I leave for work so it's dark still but now the sun is coming up earlier and when I open it up she flies out and has the biggest, dog sized poo every morning, it's normal looking, just jumbo sized! I actually did think it was a dog since I found a stray but today I saw with my own eyes that it's her. I've noticed there is no poo under the roost too.

Wow. That's a new one! The closest thing I've heard to that came from a young man who told me his Polish rooster taught itself to use the doggy door to go outside and poo so it could hang out with the guy(then a kid) while he was in the house. He said that rooster would literally spend the entire day in the house and would never poop anywhere indoors. 

WHAT?? COME ON NO WAY!!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has any birds that hold their poo all night like my Franny does? I usually open the coop before I leave for work so it's dark still but now the sun is coming up earlier and when I open it up she flies out and has the biggest, dog sized poo every morning, it's normal looking, just jumbo sized! I actually did think it was a dog since I found a stray but today I saw with my own eyes that it's her. I've noticed there is no poo under the roost too.

I wish ours did that.. if you ever get rid Franny, send her this way

Broody birds will usually hold it in until they leave the nest. My cockatiel used to drop a poo the size of her head as soon as she left the nest box. If I was lucky she would hold it until I got her over the garbage can. Then it was "bombs away!" If I wasn't lucky I had to do a LOT of cleanup.
sickbyc.gif

I wish ours did that.. if you ever get rid Franny, send her this way

She is a special lady for sure, I don't plan on ever getting rid of her
1f60d.png

Broody birds will usually hold it in until they leave the nest.  My cockatiel used to drop a poo the size of her head as soon as she left the nest box.  If I was lucky she would hold it until I got her over the garbage can.  Then it was "bombs away!"  If I wasn't lucky I had to do a LOT of cleanup.  :sick

That is too funny, I can picture that scenario! She's done this not pooing thing since I first got her, before she ever laid any eggs. She has recently started laying eggs finally but she's not broody or at least not in the normal chicken way (though nothing she does is normal I'm finding out lol) she lays the egg in the nest box and leaves (doesn't sit on it) but she is sure mad when I take the egg. She stares me down so intently and yesterday when I went to give her new food/water and take the egg she did make this shrill noise from out in the yard like a past chicken did that went broody. she still hangs out in the yard doing chicken things all day as usual never going back to the nest until it's time to lay again...

Last edited:
We went to the TPPFF show today at AZ feeds, had a great time seeing everyone's birds again! Neither of my pigeons won anything and Jeffy was disqualified for his comb, but I got 4th in showmanship! I also ended up taking home five Starling ( I think that's what Patrick called them) home with me, adorable little pigeons they are

I was there for a bit. My autistic son couldn't really handle all the stimulation and started acting like a turd, so we had to leave. I wanted to browse so much more!

Hi all well terrible hatch but the 13 out of 45 that did hatch are looking very healthy. I would buy from the breeders again. In fact I am buying from them again to see if it was me and or the post office using the boxes for hockey pucks that gave me a bad hatch. I have another bator going into lock down in 6 days with marans and dark cornish here is a pix of my new babies

Hi all well terrible hatch but the 13 out of 45 that did hatch are looking very healthy. I would buy from the breeders again. In fact I am buying from them again to see if it was me and or the post office using the boxes for hockey pucks that gave me a bad hatch. I have another bator going into lock down in 6 days with marans and dark cornish here is a pix of my new babies

CUUUTE!!! I am having chick envy here.....I go in lockdown tomorrow!!!

Back
Top Bottom