Arizona Chickens

CHICKEN PALACE (BLOCK 1) NEARING COMPLETION!

It is up to 30' X 30' right now. This weekend I am getting enough kennel panels to put a 10" X 30' annex on the back side. It is presently divided up into 4 ea.10' X 15' pens, with a 10' X 30' pen running down the middle. For the last week or 2, I have been replacing the temporary welded wire roof with 4' X 10' wood and wire roof panels, and then covering them with tarps for shade. I made one of the 10' X 15' pens into a nursery pen by putting that green poultry fencing around the bottom 3 feet of one pen, my golden sex links can go right thru the chain link. Luckily, I caught them before one of my dogs did.
The first roof panel I made was 10 feet by 10 feet, but it is heavy and awkward to handle, so I made the rest of them 4 feet by 10 feet (actually 49 inches, the 4 foot welded wire fits perfectly!).Only about 1/3 done on the roof panels.
The annex will have 2 10 x 10 pens, with the middle 10 foot section being added onto the present 10 x 30 center pen, to make it 10 by 40. Already planted some grape vines along the sides for future shade. Will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Sounds cool..
Has anyone heard from @a little chiken

Wow, now that is a gift!!
I could tell by the roos stance (even that young that he was a he, the vent sexing just confirmed it. Right now I have a splash silkie chick with a bigger comb than even the partridge silkie which is probably about a week older, I suspect roo but I haven't vent sexed any of them yet because every time I try they have too much poop on them..

Oh no!! Shoot really?? Take photo's.. Are you coming this way soon?
So far our duck's are good.. I dread a day when I need to help them. Like that anyway..

Yeah, I was worried because it looked worse than some of the pictures I saw online, but it was fixed somewhat easily. I forgot to take any pictures of her, but it was a ball with a three inch diameter of, well, intestine I guess. My mom came and pulled me out of school because she didn't know what to do. It wasn't that bad fixing it, just a little bloody and pretty gross
sickbyc.gif

does anybody recognize this plant? It just started growing and I have no idea what it is Larger view.. I think it is a vine but not sure?? I did not plant it..
Yeah, the green one.. if it did not have a stalk, which seems thicker than a vine. But what do i know? i was thinking a vine. here is a side view

These Marans chicks are SO CUTE!! I have to get them on Craig's List pronto, before I get attached any worse than I already am! LOL

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Checking in. The work on the bar is taking up most of my time. I came home early today because my wife said there was an issue with one of the girls.

Wyandotte hen, appx -6-7 month old, laying regularly, eating and drinking and otherwise acting normal, except...
She's walking with her toes curled under on one foot. Both foot pads look good and healthy. She shows no signs of pain. I wrapped it to give some support in case she hurt it, but she's still walking with her toes under. This just started so I'm leaning toward an injury.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Continuing saga - three chicks this AM - and this PM when went out all the rest of the eggs were buried - I'm guessing she's done! Cute little yellow fluffy but chicks - now eating and drinking since momma was done doing the hatching.
So - here's a question. I have the other broody who is trying to hatch golf balls. I have an open cage that I could put her in in the broody pen with the new momma and chicks and give her a couple chicks - an overnight adventure. Think that will work - will the mommas get along do you think? I keep throwing her out of the nest but she keeps sitting back in....jeez I really don't need more chicks! Thoughts from you who have this kind of experience??

Back
Top Bottom