Arizona Chickens

TodAAAAY is the DAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!

I'm heading out in an hour to disassemble a goat pen and and use all of the materials to make a CHICKEN PALACEEEEEE

The amazing @Agarrard
 donated a butt-ton ot supplies to me, including a perch branch, 4 egg box 5-gallon bucket lids that serve as an entrance to the bucket AND a perch, chicken diapers, one duo purposing and a harness, it even matches my purple leash!! as well as a shirt and lots of feed and feeders/waterers and of course two BEAUITFUL birds! A buff laced polish hen, who's name is Honk (OH MY GOD YOU GUYS SHE IS GORGEOUS) and a bantam sultan named Little, who is quite the feisty little hen when it comes to birds other than Honk. But she is just a DOLL., so sweet and her little pullet sqwauk makes me wanna squeal. 

Cant wait to go see them today. The three boys are ecstatic to mee them, they were all puffing themselves up and preening for the pretty girls. 

AS for building, ill be working ALL day to get it ready for all my pretty birds by tonight!! My basic plan is to use the goat house as the indoor section of the coop, and the fencing (Baseball fencing style) for the run. It will be pretty large, as i've got plenty of birds that I plan on adopting in the future for showwww. 

There are...whatd my dad say? Like 9 pannels  think?

anyway those pannels will be used as walls AND run covers.  and theb the goat house will be INSIDE fof it, accept it is lifte so i'll need a ramp into it and to line the underside perimeter with bricks so noone can get under it. Makes catching everyone difficult and that's where predators hide! 

I should draw my plan out..... hm. 

Catching up... Awesome! Sultans can be fiesty & very sweet. My elder sultan throws a total fit at times while the younger is aptly named mouse. They are gorgeous.

Hope the plans come-came together!

Quote:
Well the Take down process was simple enough, but the rain came in and pooped on our party. We have to set up the coop next weekend. Not to mention the goat house weighs TWO TONS and is attatched to 4 NINETY POUND CEMENT blocks -_- .

Dear dad. Goat houses dont blow away even without cement.

As for my cute lil sultan, she is feisty indeed! She went straight into fighting my top hen once we brought them to my house. Through the chicken mesh of course, they are going to all be separate for quite a long time. My top Sussex girly wants to tear the feathers from the pool Polish's head. So it is just separate free range times.

Cross-posting here to see if any of my fellow Arizonans can help out!

We have an absolutely beautiful 7 month old Ameracauna Rooster that we just can't keep anymore. He has just had a surge of hormones and has been beating up on one of our poor hens and I can't take it anymore. He is fine with the other 4 ladies, is very gentle with me and eats right out of my hand.

I have tried justifying keeping him for weeks but we did not intend to get him (thought he was a hen) and I can't handle him hurting one of the girls.

We are located in central Phoenix and will deliver him if needed. If there is no response we are taking him to the Stock Shop Saturday for re-sale but I am such a big softie I would much rather know for certain he is going to a good home.

Please text Amanda at 602.435.2920 if interested.

Cross-posting here to see if any of my fellow Arizonans can help out!

We have an absolutely beautiful 7 month old Ameracauna Rooster that we just can't keep anymore. He has just had a surge of hormones and has been beating up on one of our poor hens and I can't take it anymore. He is fine with the other 4 ladies, is very gentle with me and eats right out of my hand.

I have tried justifying keeping him for weeks but we did not intend to get him (thought he was a hen) and I can't handle him hurting one of the girls.

We are located in central Phoenix and will deliver him if needed. If there is no response we are taking him to the Stock Shop Saturday for re-sale but I am such a big softie I would much rather know for certain he is going to a good home.

Please text Amanda at 602.435.2920 if interested.
Does he crow yet?

By what do you mean beating up on? Like chasing pretty good and pecking? Or pulling feathers while mating?

I really shouldn't do this but after I build my new coop I may just consider it, he is beautiful....

I wouldn't mind doing chicken transport when I come down next! I'm off of 7th Ave and baseline in south phx which is probably pretty close. Anything to help save a soul! Just keep me posted!

Oh I would love you to have him - he is such a beautiful guy and generally very sweet!

So, we have 2 more mature Wyandottes that he leaves alone, an Ameracauna hen that he mounts normally and another Buff Orpington hen that he mounts normally (no excessive pecking or pulling). However, he seems to not like the other Buff Orpington and just picks on her. I could handle it if it were just the normal pecking order but he seems to single her out and like to peck her comb, it's become all bloody all the way around.

He does crow, usually first thing in the morning when we let them out at 7am and then infrequently throughout the day. He seems to crow the most when we have them out to free range when he is calling all his ladies to him.

If you are seriously interested we would consider keeping him longer than Saturday. I know the Stock Shop will re-sell him as a pet but I have become so attached it would mean alot more to me if I knew exactly who he was going to.

Back
Top Bottom