Arizona Chickens

Update 2 on Broody- I had to take 2 eggs that survived a jealous ruckus from other hen and put them in incubator. Broody wasn't separated securely enough to keep ruckus out.

So I took 2 eggs out of incubator to make room and then another 4 clear eggs came out next day when I candled (very early candling but others had already developed veins so I took them out anyway). So updated count is 23 eggs total now all in the incubator.
One of Broody's egg (now in incubator) is rocking! I stopped her two eggs from auto turning yesterday because candled they looked at least 17 or 18 days to me (maybe more). I just now took the turner arm off while these 2 possibly hatch. I'll have to turn the rest of the tray thru the vent hole with a wire in the meantime. Yes, it's a very dirty egg because it's a survivor of Broody flockmate mayhem.
IMG_20230914_144924962_HDR.jpg
I just made a little cradle for each of them out of a paper bag. I want to give them better footing when hatching... and maybe they won't get as much mess on the eggs since these would be hatching about 2 weeks before the others. IMG_20230914_151417803_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
One of Broody's egg (now in incubator) is rocking! I stopped her two eggs from auto turning yesterday because candled they looked at least 17 or 18 days to me (maybe more). I just now took the turner arm off while these 2 possibly hatch. I'll have to turn the rest of the tray thru the vent hole with a wire in the meantime. Yes, it's a very dirty egg because it's a survivor of Broody flockmate mayhem.
View attachment 3635701
Well, I hope that they hatch for you.

View attachment 3635701
I just made a little cradle for each of them out of a paper bag. I want to give them better footing when hatching... and maybe they won't get as much mess on the eggs since these would be hatching about 2 weeks before the others.View attachment 3635728
Did the rocking egg hatch yet?

Back
Top Bottom