Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Hope it is a good one. I'm not in the market for anything right now. Growing out babies and I am sure I will be needing to offload some roos soon.
th.gif
I know I am going to offend someone, but the best solution I found to an excess of roos/cockerels was lunch. (or dinner).
lol.png

Draye, we just kind of kept going back and forth between the chicks, rabits and goats....my lil one really wanted to bring a goat home. Ill try to look out for you next time Randy

November 15, 2014 at the Saline County Fairgrounds an auction @ 12:00 noon.

If you bring something to sell be prepared to wait a while to get your cages back. Folks don't seem to want to hurry to get their chickens after the poultry is sold.

Hi Draye.  I may have some (Greenfire Farms stock) chocolate orpington bantam chicks to sell.  How do I go about selling them at the auction at Saline county fairgrounds? 
Just keep check here to make sure they are still having the sale.

All you have to do is show up between 8:00 and 11:30 a.m. on the day of the sale and they will get you checked in. If you plan on buying you'll need to register and get a buyers number.

Had a good sake fir about the first half of it anyway. They got to selling other stuff about half way through the poultry and small livestock, wasn't too interested in that stuff so I gathered up and left a little early.

Hens were bringing $17.50 up to $27.50 each. Very good prices most were crossbred hens. Large fowl rooster were bringing $5.00 to $8.00 each. Fair prices on rooster. Not many baby chicks the ones I took most were just crossbred brought $3.50 each.

All in all pretty good, and happy with what my chickens brought.

Glad you had a good sale. I decided we had too much going on to drive that far just to get rid of some roos. They will have to hang out in the bachelor pad a bit longer. I wish I could find someone looking locally. Where have all our Arkies gone?

Next auction date is February 28th, if the weather holds out for it. She will make the annoucement on the 20th if Feb.

I've still got roos to get rid of. Maybe I will feel like a road trip that weekend. I wish I could find something closer/sooner. We will have one close by in April but I would really like to thin out before then. Too many hormones running around!

Back
Top Bottom