Aseel cock/layer hen cross

Km93

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2022
I have an Aseel/American Game cross rooster and layer hens which are black sex link, RSL, white leghorn, Americana, and a hen that was produced by my rooster and a BSL(so she's 1/4 Aseel 1/4 American Game and 1/2 BSL).
Does anyone have any insight as to what this spotted pullets mother might be. I only have the one rooster so I would like to know what hen produced this white spotted brown pullet.
It was hatched by the mixed hen but many hens laid in her nest before we separated them.

I'll include pics of the mixed hen(Aseel BSL cross) that hatched her and the rooster that is for sure her pops.

Attachments

• 667160725(1).jpg
    667160725(1).jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 667179622(1).jpg
    667179622(1).jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 667160795(1).jpg
    667160795(1).jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 659304796.jpg
    659304796.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 59
I'm not particularly good with genetics. I usually look for clues such as skin color and comb type.
It looks like she has a walnut comb. In that case, the mother qould have a rose comb.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
She is very pretty and interesting. I love the uniqueness of mixed chickens.

It looks like she has a walnut comb. In that case, the mother qould have a rose comb.
The one in the first photo looks to me like she has a pea comb, rather than walnut or rose.
(I also don't see any rose comb hens in the list of breeds.)

If the pullet does have a pea comb, she probably got it from her father (who got it from his Aseel father).
Her mother might have a pea comb too (Americana or mix hen), or might not.

I'm not particularly good with genetics. I usually look for clues such as skin color and comb type.
She is very pretty and interesting. I love the uniqueness of mixed chickens.
That's a good catch. I had tunnel vision trying to decipher the color and didn't even think about other genetics. That gives me a good path to follow. I'll follow that trail and be back later.

20220313_084921.jpg
Thanks for helping me work that out. Assuming my rooster has a rose comb(imo he does but idk)...

I agree that it's the mixed hens chick. The pullet either has a walnut or pea comb(which are the 2 comb types we narrowed it down to. I'll get better pics later.) It would have to get the dominant P from one of those hens for both the Pea and Walnut combs..

Then from there I think Natj had a good point about the pullet lookin like she got some extra aseel blood. Plus she lacks the earmuffs and beard, not that that's definitive in her not being an Americauna but im happy with it.

View attachment 3023408Thanks for helping me work that out. Assuming my rooster has a rose comb(imo he does but idk)...

I agree that it's the mixed hens chick. The pullet either has a walnut or pea comb(which are the 2 comb types we narrowed it down to. I'll get better pics later.) It would have to get the dominant P from one of those hens for both the Pea and Walnut combs..

Then from there I think Natj had a good point about the pullet lookin like she got some extra aseel blood. Plus she lacks the earmuffs and beard, not that that's definitive in her not being an Americauna but im happy with

The spotted hen has a very upright stance, and looks closer to an Aseel than the other offspring. So my guess is that the half sex link/half Aseel/gamefowl hen is the mother, which is why she has a more gamey look to her.

The one in the first photo looks to me like she has a pea comb, rather than walnut or rose.
(I also don't see any rose comb hens in the list of breeds.)

If the pullet does have a pea comb, she probably got it from her father (who got it from his Aseel father).
Her mother might have a pea comb too (Americana or mix hen), or might not.
Hey that aseel rooster in the pic has a peacomb? Or is that a Rose comb? Hopefully rose bc if not I'm back to square one

Aseels have pea combs. Most gamefowl have single combs. So I think his comb is the result of those two types of comb mixing together. It does not look like a rose comb to me.

I based my judgement on body type and carriage, not comb type. I think the spotted hen is 3/4 Aseel/game due to the Aseel crossing to his own daughter. That's just my guess.

I also think that though he looks to be a typical color pattern that he probably has some hidden color genetics which are showing through in his daughters. Most gamefowl are not bred for color so all kinds of things can pop up.

Back
Top Bottom