Asian blue

Pics

Bassgarden

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 17, 2015
I got a few chicks from tractor supply. They had them labeled as Asian. They said its Asian Blue.
Is this breed so new that no one has photos of a mature chicken of that breed?

I, too, got 6 Asian Blues from Tractor Supply. 5 are black and 1 is pale yellow. Anyway, I can't really find any info on them either. If you do happen to stumble across something. Please share! I am hoping that they have sweet personalities. Right now, it is kind of hard to tell. I think they warm up to me, then they act like they want to jump out of my hand the next time I handle them. Anything you learn would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I too got one of the Asian Blues from tractor supply. She's got lots of attitude compared to the other 5 breeds I got! Can't find much more than that picture someone posted above about the breed so it should be fun watching these little ones grow up!!

I bought one of these guys about 9 weeks back. Kids named it Mumble cause when it was little it resembled a penguin! :) Been a little aggressive really but nothing major. Just protective i think, does like to be held tho, once sure you aren't gonna eat'em. :) think its a roo but I really can't tell.... That's a buff orpington roo in one pic - Midus. He's jealous btw. :) Mumble was a little on the small side until just recently then quickly caught up in size. not sure if you can see the feathers really but there is this really pretty green/blue sheen to them, specially in the sun.

Hello everyone.

I got 6 Asian Blue chicks from Tractor Supply today. Five are black or black with white spots. One is pale color with a brown spot on the head and on wings. I was told by the clerk that the bin they were in were Asian Blue. They seem to be very small chicks compared to others their age. I thought they were bantams but the clerk said they were standard size chickens.

Here's an update on my Asian blue, she's been growing fast! She's much bigger than the Dixie Rainbow I got and the Rhode Island reds. She's just about the same size as the australorps I have that are a week older than her.

Back
Top Bottom