Ask a chef

Pics
I'm not doing anything fancy. I've got chicken in the oven and thought I'd like to try it different next time. Any suggestions @attimus

Take 0.3 cup olive oil, add to it 1 ts of paprika powder, 1/2 ts of salt, and some bp. Rub the chicken. Put in the chicken cavity, 1/2 lemon and a littel branch of rosemary, and tie the chicken. Enter it yo prheated oven on 170C until its done.

Last edited:
Take 0.3 cup olive oil, add to it 1 ts of paprika powder, 1/2 ts of salt, and some bp. Rub the chicken. Put in the chicken cavity, 1/2 lemon and a littel branch of rosemary, and tie the chicken. Enter it yo prheated oven on 170C until its done.
Thank you so much. Definitely gonna try this.

Thank you so much. Definitely gonna try this.

You are most wellcom! Bon appetite !

Or attimus....

Back from camping. Benny seems to have summed up the herbs. I also grow marjoram and have been on the lookout for savory. There are also a gazillion different varieties of basil which I didn't grow enough of last year. I d believe both fresh and dry herbs have their place and try to keep both on hand even if it means drying out my own.

I'm not doing anything fancy. I've got chicken in the oven and thought I'd like to try it different next time. Any suggestions @attimus

A whole chicken or parts? And what your eating with it can play a role in its seasoning as well. When roasting whole in the oven or on the bbq I stuff them like I stuff turkey, with citrus other fruits white onion and garlic. On the outside chili powder/cumin bases give a Hispanic flair. Fresh herbs including mint and some lime can give a tropical feel with the right fruits and veggies. Sages and other earthy notes for a Mediterranean feel. Options can be endless with the right cupboard.

Here's a few pics from the weekend in the woods.

Late night ribs.

First eggs I've bought in 3 years. Little mishap with a raccoon first night. I named him Rodney he came back several times.

Good way to start the day, followed by some fresh fruit.

Kebabs for the last night.

A.

Back from camping. Benny seems to have summed up the herbs. I also grow marjoram and have been on the lookout for savory. There are also a gazillion different varieties of basil which I didn't grow enough of last year. I d believe both fresh and dry herbs have their place and try to keep both on hand even if it means drying out my own.
A whole chicken or parts? And what your eating with it can play a role in its seasoning as well. When roasting whole in the oven or on the bbq I stuff them like I stuff turkey, with citrus other fruits white onion and garlic. On the outside chili powder/cumin bases give a Hispanic flair. Fresh herbs including mint and some lime can give a tropical feel with the right fruits and veggies. Sages and other earthy notes for a Mediterranean feel. Options can be endless with the right cupboard.

Here's a few pics from the weekend in the woods.

Late night ribs.

First eggs I've bought in 3 years. Little mishap with a raccoon first night. I named him Rodney he came back several times.

Good way to start the day, followed by some fresh fruit.

Kebabs for the last night.

A.
Oh wow that looks good. And I'm going to try some of the things you mentioned too. They all sound delicious. Thanks

@attimus

FAT DADDYS PICKLED QUAIL EGG RECIPE

Put your boiled eggs in your jar.

Fill the jar halfway with Cider vinegar.

Plop in

1 Tsp. Cumin

1Tsp. Mustard

1Tsp. Red pepper flakes

1Tsp. Pickling Spices

I add a few extry Black Peppercorns

Fill the jar the rest way, leaving a lil space of course, with Louisiana HotSauce.

You can also add Garlic and/or Okra (Heavenly)

You can add anything, Possibilities are endless!

Last edited:

:drool

Been waitin on a good one to pop up that I ain't prepared in such fashion as of yet!
Many thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom