Ask a chef

Pics
I love grilled pineapple. What does the heat do to it , sweeten it up or cut the acid? oh, denatures the protein so it cuts the bite?
Anyway,it is just so good. We cut it in slabs and my son puts it on his hamburgers instead of tomato.
what does your chef put in his grilled pineapple salsa?
I have had mango salsa but not pineapple... Can you grow pineapple where you are?

deb

I love grilled pineapple. What does the heat do to it , sweeten it up or cut the acid? oh, denatures the protein so it cuts the bite?
Anyway,it is just so good. We cut it in slabs and my son puts it on his hamburgers instead of tomato.
what does your chef put in his grilled pineapple salsa?
ya makes it sweeter, juicer, less kazow. And usually what we have on hand as far as ingredients. Tomato, green and red onion, parsley, cilantro if it's on hand. Strawberry's if they are available as well. Salt pepper, lemon juice and a dash of hot sauce. Pretty sure the the gist of it.
Try sauting your slab of pineapple in some teriyaki sauce for a minute and putting a few thin slices of good cured ham on your burger, or get hardcore hawaiian and slice some spam for it. Some fresh crisp red onion and call it a day.

Oh yes. that sounds wonderful with strawberries.
I like the idea of ham on hamburger, ironic.
I am not sure I could handle the spam, though... so much salt.
I suppose if it is thin enough and I do not add salt anywhere else.
I will give it try this summer.

Oh yes. that sounds wonderful with strawberries.
I like the idea of ham on hamburger, ironic.
I am not sure I could handle the spam, though... so much salt.
I suppose if it is thin enough and I do not add salt anywhere else.
I will give it try this summer.
I'm not a big fan of canned meat, just putting it out there that spam is an option. Some fresh mint would also go well in the salsa.

Quote: With this:
I made some cheddar cauliflower soup with a good deal of this in it, and it was fabulous.
k2-_a72e3ef0-d6d8-4a44-afe7-5ff14a71b182.v1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom